Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Wondering how to get the season 21 artifact in Destiny 2? As with every previous season of Bungie’s space-faring FPS game, The Season of The Deep provides a special artifact equipable in the bottom left slot of the character menu.
This artifact will allow access to a variety of useful unlockable perks, as well as boosting player’s power levels beyond the limits of the pinnacle cap. In this guide, we’ll cover what the new artifact is, and how to get it. But there’s more coming to Season of The Deep, including Destiny 2 fishing, and new weapons like the Destiny 2 Centrifuse auto rifle. If you’re looking for guidance on either of those, we have you covered.
What is the Season of The Deep artifact?
The Season of the Deep artifact is called the NPA Repulsion Regulator. This handy device is an improved version of the earlier gear you’ll be given by the drifter during the opening quest. It’s designed to make traversing the depths of Titan’s oceans easier by providing a protective, replenishable pressure shield that’ll keep players from being crushed during excursions down beneath the waves.
As usual, there are a host of different perks at different tiers, which players can unlock as they level up the artifact. Even though it’s only been out for a short time, many players are already excited by the strength and utility of many of these perks. Here’s a list of the 25 total artifact mods available:
- Anti-barrier Auto Rifle – enables auto rifles to penetrate the shields of Barrier Champions.
- Overload Trace Rifle – allows trace rifle weapons to stun Overload Champions with a continuous beam.
- Overload Scout Rifle – Short, uninterrupted fire from scout rifle weapons causes disruption, which stuns Overload Champions and reduces combatant damage output for a time.
- Unstoppable Glaive – enables glaives to stun Unstoppable Champions when firing their powerful explosive payload.
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon – enables hand cannons to stun Unstoppable Champions.
- Authorised Mods Arc – reduces the armor energy costs of all arc weapon-related mods.
- Authorised Mods Melee – reduces the armor energy costs of all melee-related mods.
- Authorised Mods Strand – reduces the armor energy costs of all strand weapon-related mods.
- Authorised Mods Void – reduces the armor energy costs of all armor mods affecting void weapons.
- Technicolor Siphon – grants access to special helmet mods that combine the effects of the strand siphon and arc siphon mods into one.
- Deeper Origins – greatly boosts the strength of the Unsated Hunger, Nanotech Tracer Rockets, Noble Deeds, and Harmonic Resonance traits found on certain guns.
- Electric Armor – Extends the duration of Amplified status effects when using arc subclasses.
- Improved Unraveling – increases the damage that the Unraveling status deals to targets.
- Thunderous Retort – grants bonus arc super damage if cast while Amplified or critically wounded. This’ll last until the end of the super activation.
- Unto the Breach – creates a Void Breach when defeating a void-debuffed target while using void subclasses.
- Amped Up – gain damage resistance boosts while Amplified.
- Counter Charge – grants a stack of Armor Charge when you stun any champion.
- Overcharged Armory – grants Overcharge rounds to weapons when Unsated Hunger, Nanotech Tracer Rockets, Harmonic Resonance, or Noble Deeds traits are active.
- Protective Breach – picking up a Void Breach grants an overshield.
- Strand Soldier – Woven Mail grants all strand weapons Unraveling rounds whenever you have the status active, as long as your strand subclass is equipped.
- Conductive Cosmic Needle – Increases damage that targets inflicted with strand debuffs will take from arc and void sources.
- Lightning Strikes Twice – throwing an arc grenade grants temporary increased grenade recharge, and arc final blows extend the duration of this benefit.
- Shock and Awe – arc final blows while amplified will summon a burst of lightning that Jolts targets.
- Supernova – picking up a Void Breach will cause your next source of void damage to inflict a large Weakening pulse, debuffing nearby enemies.
- Squad Goals – performing a finisher while you have Amplified, Woven Mail, or Devour active will grant that buff to nearby allies.
There are plenty of powerful modifier perks to choose from this season. Void weapons, arc weapons and strand weapons will all see expanded utility thanks to many of these new perks. A that increases damage output by some serious metrics. Meanwhile exotic gear that boosts ability energy regeneration is sure to be looked on favourably.
In addition, Void abilities, arc abilities and strand abilities are in for a treat this season. Combined with the right perks and weapons, you’ll be tearing through champions with shield-piercing rounds easily, and obliterating unshielded combatants en mass. Taken also in tandem with the amount of damage many supers can now unleash in PvE thanks to reworks, there’s sure to be a variety of powerful new builds out there for you to take full advantage of.If you’re looking to craft the Destiny 2 best warlock build, the Destiny 2 best titan build, or the Destiny 2 best hunter build, be sure to check out our guides for those as we update them.
How to get the artifact for Season of The Deep
Acquiring the NPA Repulsion Regulator is fairly straightforward. First, ensure your game is updated for the new season. Once you log in and load into a character for the first time in the season, you’ll automatically start the opening seasonal quest, The Descent. Follow this quest through, fighting off hordes of Taken and Hive enemies along the way. Eventually you’ll reach Deputy Commander Sloane and Zavala. You just need to listen to their exchange.
When you’ve done this, you’ll find a portal at the back of the room, which will transport you back to the H.E.L.M. Once there, go to the workstation on the other side of the portal – there will be a holo-projector waiting for you. Listen to Sloane’s message, and she’ll grant you the seasonal artifact, which will automatically equip into the open slot in your character inventory.
That covers everything you’ll need to know about the Season of The Deep artifact, and how to get it. If you’re looking for more details on Season of The Deep, and the post Lightfall world of Destiny, like how to get the Destiny 2 Epochal Integration hand cannon or Destiny 2 Deepsight Harmonizer, we’ve got you covered.
How do I get the Season of the Deep artifact?
Open up your game and load into a character, then complete the opening seasonal quest, The Descent. At the end of this quest, speak to Sloane on the holo-projector, and she’ll give you the artifact.
What is the Season of The Deep artifact?
The artifact for the Season of The Deep is called the NPA Repulsion Regulator. It’s a device designed to facilitate survival underwater at immense, high-pressure depths.