Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Legendary Shards are an important resource in Destiny 2 that can get you valuable loot once you’ve collected enough. It can be used when purchasing Upgrade Modules and even Exotics at the Monument to Lost Lights.
NOW READ: Destiny 2 Best Way to Level Up
Unfortunately, the game doesn’t actually specify where or how you can acquire this particular resource. Luckily, we’re here to give you all the information you need so you can start gathering all the Legendary Shards you require.
Best Way to Get Legendary Shards in Destiny 2
- Dismantle Legendary and Exotic Gear
- The easiest way of gathering Legendary Shards without having to fight enemies or complete missions is by dismantling any Legendary or Exotic Gear that you have. Doing this to Legendary gear typically yields 3-5 Shards and it works the same no matter what kind of equipment you do it on. On the other hand, dismantling Exotic gear yields around 6 or more each time.
- Before you start going on a Dismantling spree, however, make sure that the item you’re doing it to is an unimportant one. This is because if you dismantle gear that’s especially rare, you may not be able to get them back.
NOW READ: Destiny 2 Best Way to Level Up Weapons
- Complete Dungeons, Raids, and Nightfall Strikes
- Once you run out of Legendaries and Exotics that you want to get rid of, then you will have to turn to the much harder method of grinding it out through Dungeons, Raids, and Nightfall Strikes. Naturally, you’ll be able to get more Legendary Shards the higher the difficulty is. However, you may need to ask for some help in accomplishing these since they can often be difficult when playing solo. We also recommend equipping the Prosperity Ghost Mod, along with any other similar Mods, when attempting these activities to give you a much better chance of earning Legendary Shards.
- Rank Your Vendors Up
- As you complete Strikes, compete in Crucible matches, and dismantle weapons, you’ll raise the experience that you currently have with a specific vendor in the Tower. After a certain point, they’ll give you Engrams that contain rewards like Legendary weapons and gear that you can then dismantle again for more Legendary Shards.
The most important thing to remember if you’re farming for Legendary Shards is to simply play through the game naturally. Participating in a bunch of activities, both in PvP and PvE, can easily help you gain more no matter the outcome. Once you join enough of these events, you’ll eventually gather enough which you can then use to purchase whatever you want.