In Destiny 2, Ascendant Shards are a valuable form of currency that many players covet. They are essential for forging Masterwork gear and buying Exotics from the Monument to Lost Light in the Tower.
NOW READ: Destiny 2 Best PvE Weapons for Lightfall
If you’re unfamiliar with Ascendant Shards, they are a highly prized and elusive resource that is difficult to obtain. Players must devote significant time and energy to farming them in order to masterwork their armor and obtain certain Exotics. So whether you’re a newcomer or a seasoned player, this guide will help you acquire Ascendant Shards in 2023.
How to Get Ascendant Shards in Destiny 2
To acquire Ascendant Shards in Destiny 2, players must engage in Pinnacle activities. Additionally, some Ascendant shards can also be obtained through in-game vendors. Another option is to tackle one of Europa’s most challenging triumphs, which rewards players with this highly valuable currency.
- Purchase from Master Rahool in The Tower
- To purchase Ascendant Shards, players can visit Master Rahool or Ada-1 in the Tower. You will need to exchange 10 Enhancement Prisms and 50,000 Glimmer. You can also acquire the former from Master Rahool as well by spending 10 Enhancement Cores and 10,000 Glimmer.
- Earn Them As Reset Rank Reward From Vendors
- An alternative method of acquiring Ascendant Shards is to reset your vendor ranks. This can be achieved by reaching Rank 16 with any playlist vendor such as the Vanguard, Crucible, the Seasonal, and Gunsmith vendors. Upon resetting your rank, you will receive an Ascendant Shard as a reward.
- This process can be repeated with each vendor, offering plenty of opportunities to earn Ascendant Shards, but it will require some grinding. However, keep in mind that you can only reset your vendor rank once per season with each vendor. If you attempt to reset it again in the same season, you will receive an Exotic Engram instead.
NOW READ: Destiny 2 Best Hunter Build for Lightfall – Best PvE and PvP builds
- Nightfall Completions
- In general, the most effective method for obtaining Destiny 2 Ascendant Shards is by finishing Master and Grandmaster Nightfalls. This is arguably the ultimate endgame experience in Destiny 2 and consequently provides some of the greatest rewards. If you’re willing to take on this challenging task, you can either team up with some friends or use LFG to find a group. This will increase your chances of earning Ascendant Shards.
- Furthermore, if you prefer an easier Nightfall such as The Arms Dealer, Lake of Shadows, or Fallen S.A.B.E.R, you can complete the activity more quickly. It results in a higher rate of Ascendant Shard acquisition. Therefore, you can take advantage of these alternative Nightfalls to speed up the process of obtaining Ascendant Shards.
- Trials of Osiris
- To obtain an Ascendant Shard from the Lighthouse chest in Trials of Osiris, you must go flawless for the first time in the week. However, if you have already gone flawless earlier in the week, you will only receive an enchantment prism. Going flawless requires winning seven consecutive matches in Trials of Osiris, and losing a single match will reset your progress.
- Alternatively, you can also acquire an Ascendant Shard by winning a Trials game using a seven-win Passage. You can get unlimited Ascendant Shards from this method.
- The Trials of Osiris is a PvP activity that serves as an alternative to the Master and Grand Master Nightfall.
- Season Pass
- The season pass is a paid option that allows players to collect Ascendant Shards. With the season pass, players can obtain a maximum of three Ascendant Shards per season. To acquire these shards, players must reach specific ranks such as rank 85 and 90, which will reward them with one Ascendant Shard each.
Destiny 2 Ascendant Shards FAQs
What is the easiest way to get Ascendant Shards?
The easiest way to get Ascendant Shards is by resetting your rank with a Vendor at the Tower.
Does dismantling Exotics give Ascendant Shards?
No, dismantling Exotics does not give Ascendant Shards. Instead, it only provides Legendary Shards, which you can also get by dismantling Legendary gear.