The large number of weapons present in Destiny 2 often makes picking the best ones out a difficult task. Many of those in the Exotic archetype – and even some in Legendary – each have their own strengths and weaknesses that make them useful in specific situations.
NOW READ: Can Destiny 2 run on Mac? No, not for now at least.
Fortunately, we’re here to make your time as a Guardian much easier by providing you a list of what we think are the best PvE weapons for Lightfall. But before we dive in, we’d like to note that this list was made with no particular order in mind. With that said, let’s get right into it.
Best PvE Weapons in Destiny 2 Lightfall
Destiny 2 Best Kinetic Weapons for PvE
- Osteo Striga (Submachine Gun)
- The Osteo Striga is one of the best Kinetic Submachine Guns and Exotics in the game for a reason. Its intrinsic perk, Screaming Swarm, gives you the ability to spread poison quickly through waves of enemies. This allows you to take down large hordes easily, making it one of the best PvE weapons in the game.
- Succession or Izanagi’s Burden (Sniper Rifle)
- If you’re looking to deal massive amounts of damage in one hit, then either Succession or Izanagi’s Burden are the weapons for you. The latter is slightly more difficult to acquire since it’s now only available through the Exotics Kiosk at the Tower so you may have to farm a bit. Succession, on the other hand, can be gained through the Deep Stone Crypt Raid.
- Arbalest (Linear Fusion Rifle)
- What’s not to love about the Arbalest? It’s ability to take down shields and Barrier Champions in a few hits makes it an incredibly valuable weapon to have. Add in its catalyst, which auto-regenerates your ammo when you break an enemy’s shield, and you’ve got yourself a weapon of mass destruction.
- Witherhoard (Grenade Launcher)
- The Witherhoard is one of the most unique and incomparable weapons in Destiny 2. Thanks to its Primeval Torment perk, this Kinetic Grenade Launcher creates a blight at the point of impact that deals damage over time. This allows you to lock down a specific area of the map temporarily, or even deal additional damage directly on an enemy while you swap over and lay into them with another weapon.
- Heritage (Shotgun)
- Who doesn’t love using a good shotgun to consistently pop enemies in the face? Accessible through the Deep Stone Crypt Raid, this powerful Kinetic Shotgun can also be crafted. This means that you can potentially make and imbue it with two of its most ideal traits in Reconstruction and Recombination.
NOW READ: 10 Best Exotic Weapons in Destiny 2 You Must Have For Lightfall
Destiny 2 Best Energy Weapons for PvE
- Calus Mini-Tool or Ikelos_SMG_v1.0.3 (Submachine Gun)
- Two of the most useful and widely accessible submachine guns in the game, the Calus Mini-Tool and the Ikelos SMG can both dish out tons of damage in quick succession. You’ll also be able to craft both of them, which means that you can create them with their ideal traits – like Feeding Frenzy and Voltshot for the Ikelos – to make them even more deadly.
- Tarnished Mettle (Scout Rifle)
- Tarnished Mettle is a craftable weapon that can hand out absurd amounts of damage with the right traits. We recommend making it with Demolitionist and Voltshot so you can take down any type of enemy that you face.
- Trinity Ghoul (Combat Bow)
- If you like the feel of using a bow to quickly clear out enemies in a flash, then look no further because the Trinity Ghoul is perfect for you. Through the use of its Lightning Rod intrinsic trait, it creates a chain lightning effect whenever you get a precision kill with this weapon. If you get its catalyst – and we recommend that you do – you’ll be able to create the effect no matter where you aim.
- Gjallarhorn (Rocket Launcher)
- The Gjallarhorn by itself already packs a tremendous punch. However, its Pack Hunter trait is this weapon’s key attribute. This is because it gives Wolfpack Rounds to your teammate’s non-Exotic Rocket Launchers. With everyone on your squad firing off the same type of explosive ammo, clearing out enemy waves will never be easier.
- Divinity (Trace Rifle)
- Though this weapon did receive a nerf to its debuff mechanic, it is still incredibly useful because of its consistent crit-hitting capabilities. Add in the fact that it’s effective against Overload Champions and you’ve got yourself an all-in-one weapon.
As always, it’s important to remember that these are merely our suggestions on what the best PvE weapons are. At the end of the day, each firearm has its own particular pros and cons so feel free to figure out which ones work for you the most as you play through Destiny 2.
Is Osteo Striga good for PvE in Destiny 2?
Yes, Osteo Striga is one of the best weapons that you can use for PvE because of its intrinsic perk, Screaming Swarm. This can spread poison quickly through enemies, which allows you to clear ads fairly quickly. However, we do recommend pairing it with an equally powerful secondary weapon as it may not be enough to finish off bosses and Barrier Champions.
NOW READ:TODAY'S COIN MASTER FREE SPINS HAVE ARRIVED - FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE HERE!