Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) has no shortage of unlockables for players to use in customizing their Call of Duty experience, including weapons, mods, operators, skins and more. One of the most sought-after customizable elements in Modern Warfare 2 is Mastery Camos, particularly the Platinum Camo.
Mastery Camo demands skill and dedication to unlock, and what better way to show off your Modern Warfare 2 expertise than by customizing your weapons and slapping a shiny skin on for all to see!
Mastery Camo will tell everyone in the lobby that you’re putting serious time into Modern Warfare 2, and you’re definitely one to watch. We’ll show you how to unlock the Platinum Camo in Modern Warfare 2, and soon you’ll be able to show it off to your heart’s content.
READ MORE: When Is The Next Double XP Weekend in MW2?
MW2: How To Get Platinum Camo
You’ll need to do some prep work before you can get to unlocking Platinum Camo in Modern Warfare 2. Namely, completing all the base Camo Challenges with the weapon you want Platinum Camo for. Completing these challenges is a must on every weapon that you want to get Mastery Camo with.
Next, you’ll need to unlock Gold Camo for your chosen weapon. Equip Gold Camo and then complete the Gold Mastery Challenge.
- Gold Mastery Challenge Requirements: Get 100 kills with Gold Camo equipped on a single weapon.
Now, repeat the process for every weapon in a weapon class, eg: Assault Rifles, LMGs, etc. With Base and Gold Mastery Challenges completed on every weapon in a class, you will unlock Platinum Camo for your weapons in that class.
NOW READ: Best Gaming Monitor For MW2
As similar to the gold mastery, the platinum camo is applicable to the following guns:
- Assault Rifles
- Battle Rifles
- Marksman Rifles
- Sniper Rifles
- Secondary and Melee
MW2: What Are The Platinum Camo Challenges?
In order to secure the Platinum Camo for your weapons in MW2, you will need to complete a set of corresponding challenges for each weapon in order to do so. What the challenges will entail of, will vary depending on the gun type you choose to work on.
Though the Platinum Camo challenges are pretty straightforward in MW2, they do take some time to complete. So to help you get right to it, here’s a look at all of the challenges you will have to complete for each gun type in MW2 in order to secure the Platinum Camos you’re after:
- Complete 8 Gold Camo Challenges with Assault Rifles
- Get 25 Longshot Kills with the Assault Rifle you’re using
- Complete 4 Gold Camo Challenges with Battle Rifles
- Get 25 Longshot Kills with the Battle Rifle you’re using
- Complete 6 Gold Camo Challenges with Marksman Rifles
- Get 25 Longshot Kills with the Marksman Rifle you’re using
- Complete 4 Gold Camo Challenges with Sniper Rifles
- Get 20 Longshot Kills with the Sniper Rifle you’re using
Light Machine Guns
- Complete 6 Gold Camo Challenges with LMGs
- Get 25 Longshot Kills with the LMG you’re using
Sub Machine Guns
- Complete 8 Gold Camo Challenges with SMGs
- Get 25 Longshot Kills with the SMG you’re using
- Complete 5 Gold Camo Challenges with Pistols
- Get 15 Longshot Kills with the Pistol you’re using
- Complete 4 Gold Camo Challenges with Launchers
- Destroy 10 Enemy Killstreaks, Equipment, or Vehicles with Launcher you’re using
- Complete 2 Gold Camo Challenges with Melee Weapons
- Get 2 Kills within 10 Seconds of each other 10 times with the Melee Weapon you’re using
READ NOW: Best Ranked Loadouts in MW2
Modern Warfare 2: Mastery Camo Ranks
Beyond Gold and Platinum, Mastery Camo comes in the Polyatomic and Orion categories.
Levelling up into different ranks of Mastery Camo is a straightforward process. Once you complete the Mastery Challenge of each rank with all weapons in a class, you will unlock a mastery challenge for the next type of Mastery Camo. Each subsequent type of Mastery Camo will require a higher number of kills to complete its Mastery Challenge.
It will take quite a while, with a broad spread of weapons, to unlock all types of Mastery Camo. But doing so will prove to the world that you’re a real Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 pro.
If you’re struggling with a place to start, we recommend the M4 as a great starting weapon that you’ll easily be able to complete Camo Challenges with.
NOW READ: MW2 Season 2 All New Maps
MW2 Platinum Camo – FAQ
Is Platinum Camo in Modern Warfare 2?
Yes, Platinum Camo can be unlocked in Modern Warfare 2 by completing Camo Mastery Challenges.
What is the Best Weapon to get Platinum Camo with?
We recommend starting with the M4, as it is an easy weapon to complete Camo Mastery Challenges with.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-11-23