Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Want to unlock the Spinel Husk camo in MW3? Players returning to Modern Warfare 3 from MW2 and Warzone can work towards exclusive skins like this one in the game.
True, these skins are spectacular to look at. But it’s also an indicator of how many kills you’ve racked over multiple MW3 Zombies runs. Here are some MW3 Zombies tips and tricks to survive against overwhelming odds. And here’s how to get PHD Flopper in MW3 Zombies to rack up kills just by diving into prone.
How to get Spinel Husk Camo in MW3 fast with our 5 ways
Get enough Golden Ivory camos in a weapon category and complete the Spinel Husk Camo Challenge to unlock it for a weapon in MW3. This challenge is usually to get 300 zombie kills with the specific Pack-A-Punch weapon. The number of Golden Ivory camos to earn depends on the number of weapons in a particular category. Note that the Spinel Husk camo is the second tier of Completionist Camos for returning MW2 and Warzone players. This means that you need to know how to get Golden Ivory camos in MW3 to proceed.
These are the main objectives to get the Spinel Husk camo:
- A target number of Golden Ivory camos in a weapon category (Assault Rifles, SMGs, etc.)
- Spinel Husk challenge, usually 300 zombie kills with a Pack-A-Punch weapon
And here are some tricks to quickly get the Spinel Husk Camo:
- Use exfil points to farm zombie kills – Since you need a Pack-A-Punch weapon for this challenge, your weapon will deal solid damage against frail zombies.
- Toxic damage with Experimental Gas can clear crowded spaces – Lowering enemy health before using your weapon lets you kill hordes of enemies quickly. Just remember that you might lose kills to these other tools while working towards the challenge.
- Work on finishing contracts, Infected Strongholds, and Aether Nests – These tasks let you find loads of zombies and mercenaries in tight spaces, perfect for getting kills. We think it’s worth destroying these as you find them.
- Higher weapon rarities and Ammo Mods are good offensive tools – These let you mow down large numbers of foes. The latter comes in multiple types: Brain Rot, Cryo Freeze, Dead Wire, Napalm Burst, and Shatter Blast.
- Use exploits like the monkey bomb glitch and unlimited sentry bug in MW3Zombies – These can make earning camos a breeze. Note that this might get patched out.
Is it worth working towards the Spinel Husk camo in MW3 Zombies
A glossy red and black camo that looks like the charred remains of your enemies, the Spinel Husk is one of the more enticing camos available in MW3. Considering that it’s for returning weapons, this camo might be easier to work towards if you’ve already used them. And remember that this camo helps you work towards the other camos in the Completionist Zombies Camos set: Arachnida and Bioluminescent camos. An official blog post gave us more clarity on what to expect from these skins.
That covers how to get the Spinel Husk camo. Progress towards these camos will happen alongside the MW3 Zombies Act 1 missions. Use perks in MW3 Zombies to make your job even more simple. Modern Warfare 3 is out now on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
Is the Spinel Husk camo worth it in MW3?
Spinel Husk is one of the more striking skins in the game.
What does the Spinel Husk camo unlock in MW3?
Unlocking enough Spinel Husk camos lets you unlock Arachnida camos in the game.