How can you get the Hero Collection Rewards in NBA 2K23 MyTEAM? Since the launch of NBA 2K23’s Season 6, the MyTEAM community has had the delight of getting to collect and play with the all-new Hero Cards.
For those that might not know, or might need a bit of a refresher, Hero Cards belong to the Hero Collection that arrived with Season 6 in MyTEAM. These special Hero Cards consist of powered-up player items that come with better sets of badges to go along with their superhero card art that distinguishes them from the rest of the MyTEAM player universe.
Following the arrival of the new season, NBA 2K23 has added new Hero Cards with every pack that they have released, including the Out Of Position 2 Pack. And with four weeks of Season 6 wrapped up in the books, it’s finally reached that time to complete the Hero Collections for the ultimate Hero Card rewards that you will be able to unlock in MyTEAM.
That all being said, many of you visiting this guide are likely wondering what the new rewards are, and or which Hero Cards are needed for each collection? Should that be you, then you’ve come just to the right place. In this guide, we layout all the details you need to know along with the Hero Cards needed to complete each Hero Collection.
NBA 2K23 MyTEAM – Hero Collection Rewards
For those that might not know, Hero Cards are a part of two collections – Tuesday Heroes and Friday Heroes. As NBA 2K23 MyTEAM revealed on Twitter, each of these two sets comes with a Hero Collection reward should you complete them. These rewards consist of two Dark Matter Hero Cards as illustrated above, one being Manute Bol and the other, rookie Chet Holmgren.
To secure the Hero Cards for each set, fans can either acquire them from random Season 6 packs they unlock, purchase packs in the Pack Market that contain them, or visit the Auction Market where they can buy them using MyTEAM Coin.
With Season 6 coming to a close in less than two weeks, NBA 2K23 MyTEAM released its final set of Hero Cards needed for the Friday collection last week, along with its corresponding Manute Bol Dark Matter reward. So fans that have been plugging away with the Friday Hero Cards collection, can finally reap its elite reward awaiting them in MyTEAM.
Since May 5 was the final Hero Card drop for the Friday Collection, today marked the final Hero Cards release for the Tuesday Collection, accompanied with its Chet Holmgren Dark Matter reward. So should this smaller set be the one you were focusing on, you can finally complete it and receive the dominant rookie card award.
Should you be after any of the Hero Cards in order to secure these highly-anticipated rewards, we’ve provided the full list of them down below to assist you with completing each set:
Friday Hero Collection
The Friday Hero Collection comes with a total of 15 Hero Cards. Once you collect all 15, you will be able to unlock its Dark Matter reward.
- Manute Bol (C/PF) – 99 Overall – Wizards
- Michael Jordan (SG/PG) – 99 Overall – Bulls
- Kevin Durant (SF/PF) – 99 Overall – Thunder
- Nikola Jokíc (PG/C) – 99 Overall – Nuggets
- Tim Thomas (SF/SG) – 99 Overall – Knicks
- Ben Simmons (PG/PF) – 99 Overall – 76ers
- Bol Bol (PF/SF) – 99 Overall – Magic
- Yao Ming (C) – 99 Overall – Rockets
- Kyle Kuzma (PF/SF) – 98 Overall – Lakers
- Jordan Poole (SG/PG) – 98 Overall – Warriors
- Hedo Turkoglu (PG/SF) – 98 Overall – Magic
- Xavier McDaniel (SF/PF) – 96 Overall – SuperSonics
- Robert Williams III (SF/PF) – 96 Overall – Celtics
- Mohamed Bamba (C/PF) – 96 Overall – Lakers
- Speedy Claxton (PG) – 96 Overall – Warriors
- Gheorghe Mureșan (C) – 96 Overall – Wizards
Tuesday Hero Collection
The Tuesday Hero Collection comes with a total of 10 Hero Cards. As soon as you secure all 10, you will be able to unlock its Dark Matter reward.
- Chet Holmgren (PF/SF) – 99 Overall – Thunder
- Manu Ginóbili (SG/PG) – 99 Overall – Spurs
- Joel Embiid (C/PF) – 99 Overall – 76ers
- Penny Hardaway (PG/SG) – 99 Overall – Magic
- Paul George (SF/SG) – 99 Overall – Thunder
- J.R. Smith (SG/PG) – 99 Overall – Knicks
- Thurl Bailey (PF/SF) – 98 Overall – Jazz
- Toni Kukoc (SF/PF) – 98 Overall – Bulls
- DeMarcus Cousins (C/PF) – 98 Overall – Kings
- Arvydas Sabonis (C) – 98 Overall – Trail Blazers
- Brian Scalabrine (PF/SF) – 98 Overall – Celtics
As soon as you complete the entire sets for each the Tuesday and Friday Heroes, you will be able to unlock the Dark Matter 99 Overall reward players that are available.
Lastly, you don’t not need to worry about losing your Hero Cards that you acquire for each set. All the Hero Cards you secure, whether purchased or unlocked, will remain in your collection, even upon completing the Hero sets.
If you’re looking to check out all five parts of the Heroic Pack in NBA 2K23 MyTEAM, you can do so here. On another note, if you’re wondering how you can get tattoos in NBA 2K23 MyCAREER, we go over how to do so here.
NBA 2K23 MyTEAM – Hero Collection Rewards FAQ
What are Hero Cards in NBA 2K23 MyTEAM?
Hero Cards are powered-up player items that come with better sets of badges to go along with their superhero card art.
When will the final Tuesday Hero Cards be released in NBA 2K23 MyTEAM?
The final Tuesday Hero Cards release went live in MyTEAM today, May 9. So you can now complete both the Friday and Tuesday Hero Collections to reap their elite Dark Matter rewards.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-06-01