Last Thursday, March 16, marked the start of the wildly popular U.S. men’s college basketball March Madness Tournament. With the unpredictably thrilling event officially underway, NBA 2K23 MyTEAM felt it was only right to celebrate a variety of former and current NBA talents who were standouts in college during March Madness, by introducing a fun new, rookie player item event for fans to partake in.
Welcome to the NBA 2K23 Bracket Busters Event, a MyTEAM special that began on Monday, March 13, and comes decorated with several top tier cards fans. Though this event started this past Monday, it will only be running until March 31, so be sure to act on it soon.
That said, how can you get your hands on these new NBA stars and what does this fun event entail of, some of you might be wondering? Should that be on your mind, you’ve come to the right place. In this feature, we’re going to go over all of the new Bracket Busters Event players and how you can unlock them in NBA 2K23 MyTEAM.
READ MORE: Best Dribble Moves in NBA 2K23
NBA 2K23 MyTEAM – Bracket Busters Login Reward
One of the best parts about NBA 2K23 MyTEAM is that they provide some easy ways to secure some great rewards, which all too often include top tier cards. And for the Bracket Busters Event, NBA 2K23 went above and beyond with just that, providing fans the opportunity to unlock a 98 Overall Galaxy Opal Glen Rice card just by logging into MyTEAM each weekday during the event.
NOW READ:TODAY'S COIN MASTER FREE SPINS HAVE ARRIVED - FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE HERE!
Upon logging into MyTEAM each weekday, you will receive a fragment of the Bracket Busters Mural. If you collect all 15 pieces of the Bracket Busters Mural, you will unlock the Bracket Busters Galaxy Opal Glen Rice card illustrated above.
NBA 2K23 MyTEAM – Bracket Busters Takeover Series
The NBA 2K23 Bracket Busters Event comes with three different parts that fans can engage in. The first is the ongoing Bracket Busters Takeover Series, which can be located under the ‘Season 5’ agendas page on the home tab in MyTEAM.
Here, fans are tasked with completing specific objectives with their squads or a certain type of player in a game on MyTEAM to earn Bracket Busters Player Option Packs. Each of these packs comes with two different NBA stars that were standouts in college, and you will get to pick one of the two. All of the Bracket Busters Takeover Series players come as 94 overall diamond cards, making for quite a special collection.
NBA 2K23 will be dropping a new Bracket Busters Player Option pack each weekday up until March 31, so be sure to stay tuned here for all the latest player packs and more.
So without another moment to spare, here’s all the new Bracket Busters Player Option Packs that have been released in-game so far and the objectives you will need to complete for each in order to unlock them:
Bracket Busters Pack 1 – March 13, 2023
- Get 4 blocks in a game.
- Willey Cauley-Stein (C/PF) – Kings
- Frank Kaminsky (C/PF) – Hornets
Bracket Busters Pack 2 – March 14, 2023
- Score 21 points with a player in Triple Threat or Triple Threat Online game.
- Brandon Knight (PG/SG) – Pistons
- Jared Sullinger (C/PF) – Celtics
Bracket Busters Pack 3 – March 15, 2023
- Make 5 3-point shots with a shooting guard in a game.
- Salim Stoudamire (PG/SG) – Hawks
- Luther Head (PG/SG) – Rockets
Bracket Busters Pack 4 – March 16, 2023
- Score 27 points with a Bulls player in a game.
- Richard Hamilton (PG/SG) – Wizards
- Elton Brand (PF/C) – Bulls
Bracket Busters Pack 5 – March 17, 2023
- Score 23 points and get 8 rebounds with a power forward in a game.
- Corliss Williamson (SF/SF) – Kings
- Cherokee Parks (PF/C) – Timberwolves
Bracket Busters Pack 6 – March 20, 2023
- Score 10 points in the paint in a game with a center 3 times.
- Nazr Mohammed (C/PF) – 76ers
- Michael Doleac (C/PF) – Magic
NOW READ: Best Playmaking Badges in NBA 2K23
NBA 2K23 MyTEAM – Bracket Busters Skill Challenges
The second part of the Bracket Busters Event, is unlocking the players themselves via the Bracket Busters Skill Challenges. This exclusive set of challenges presents a collection of 35 total 94 overall diamond NBA rookie players you can unlock by defeating each of them and their respective alumni squads on all-star difficulty in a 5-minute quarter game.
Should you collect all 35 of the 94 overall diamond players, you will unlock a 98 Overall Galaxy Opal Pete Maravich Bracket Busters card. Just to reiterate, all you need to do is win against each of the 35 alumni MyTEAM squads in a 5-minute quarter game on all-star difficulty to unlock all of the 94 overall diamond players.
Though the all-star difficulty certainly makes it a bit of a tougher grind, the Bracket Busters skill challenges are certainly worthwhile seeing how good the 94 overall players are, not to mention how incredible that Maravich Galaxy Opal is.
So on that very note, here’s the full list of NBA 2K23 Bracket Busters Skill Challenge players that was released in-game last Wednesday:
Bracket Busters Players (94 Overall)
- T.J. McConnell (PG/SG) – 76ers – Arizona Alumni
- Lamond Murray (SG/SF) – Clippers – California Alumni
- Ben Gordon (SG/PG) – Bulls – Connecticut Alumni
- Mike Dunleavy (SF/SG) – Warriors – Duke Alumni
- Corey Brewer (SF/SG) – Timberwolves – Florida Alumni
- Mfiondu Kabengele (C/PF) – Clippers – Florida State Alumni
- Otto Porter Jr. (SF/PF) – Wizards – Georgetown Alumni
- Anthony Morrow (SG/SF) – Warriors – Georgia Tech Alumni
- Ronny Turiaf (C/PF) – Lakers – Gonzaga Alumni
- Brian Cook (PF/C) – Lakers – Illinois Alumni
- Steve Alford (PG/SG) – Mavericks – Indiana Alumni
- Deonte Burton (SG/SF) – Thunder – Iowa State Alumni
- Nick Collison (PF/C) – SuperSonics – Kansas Alumni
- Trey Lyles (PF/C) – Jazz – Kentucky Alumni
- Gorgui Dieng (C/PF) – Timberwolves – Louisville Alumni
- Garrett Temple (SF/SG) – Rockets – LSU Alumni
- Markus Howard (PG/SG) – Nuggets – Marquette Alumni
- Larry Kenon (PF/SF) – Nets – Memphis Alumni
- Nik Stauskas (SG/SF) – Kings – Michigan Alumni
- Denzel Valentine (SG/SF) – Bulls – Michigan State Alumni
- Theo Pinson (SF/SG) – Nets – North Carolina Alumni
- Pat Garrity (PF/SF) – Suns – Norte Dame Alumni
- E.J. Liddell (PF/SF) – Pelicans – Ohio State Alumni
- Eduardo Najera (SF/SG) – Mavericks – Oklahoma Alumni
- Landry Fields (SF/SG) – Knicks – Stanford Alumni
- Hakim Warrick (PF/SF) – Grizzlies – Syracuse Alumni
- Admiral Schofield (SF/SG) – Wizards – Tennessee Alumni
- D.J. Augustin (PG/SG) – Hornets – Texas Alumni
- Daniel House (SF/PF) – Wizards – Texas A&M Alumni
- Aaron Afflalo (SG/SF) – Pistons – UCLA Alumni
- Taj Gibson (PF/C) – Bulls – USC Alumni
- Collin Gillespie (PG/SG) – Nuggets – Villanova Alumni
- Kyle Guy (PG/SG) – Kings – Virginia Alumni
- Randolph Childress (PG/SG) – Trail Blazer – Wake Forest Alumni
- Marquese Chriss (C/PF) – Suns – Washington Alumni
READ NOW: How To Complete An Alley-oop Pass in NBA 2K23
NBA 2K23 MyTEAM – Bracket Busters Collection Reward
Last but not least, NBA 2K23 MyTEAM also released an additional Bracket Busters player set for fans to complete should they want to secure an awesome Dark Matter 99 Overall, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar card.
The Kareem set requires 13 different Bracket Buster cards, all of which consist of Pink Diamond, Galaxy Opal, and Dark Matter items. These players can only be obtained in new packs while the Bracket Busters Event is running, and can then be added to Kareem’s set. Should you complete Kareem’s Bracket Busters collection, you will unlock his 99 overall rookie Dark Matter reward card.
Down below are all the players you will need to secure in order to acquire Kareem’s Dark Matter Bracket Busters Event card:
Dark Matter (99 Overall)
- Grant Hill (SF/SG) – Pistons
- Greg Oden (C/PF) – Trail Blazers
- Jimmer Fredette (PG/SG) – Kings
Galaxy Opals (98 Overall)
- Kemba Walker (PG/SG) – Hornets
- Tyler Hansbrough (PF/C) – Pacers
- Christian Laettner (PF/C) – Timberwolves
Galaxy Opal (97 Overall)
- J.J. Redick (SG/PG) – Magic
Pink Diamonds (96 Overall)
- Danny Manning (PF/SF) – Clippers
- Malcolm Brogden (SG/PG) – Bucks
- Keegan Murray (PF/C) – Kings
Pink Diamonds (95 Overall)
- Jay Williams (PG/SG) – Bulls
- Marcus Fizer (PF/SF) – Bulls
- Ben McLemore (SG/SF) – Kings
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-03-16