Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Nintendo has dropped a new update for The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, with the game’s 1.2.0 update now available to download on the Switch.
While the latest update isn’t one of the game’s most transformative ones, it’s sure to be welcomed by the community as it fixes a number of progression bugs that were preventing players from getting past certain crucial quests in the story, as well as some side quests. There’s also a fix for an issue that prevented fairies from appearing, so those trying to keep Link’s health topped up while exploring the kingdom of Hyrule (or indeed, if you’re trying to find all the locations in the depths in Tears of the Kingdom) should find their day made a lot easier.
Of course, previous updates have given the community concern, as they’ve nerfed things like the item duplication glitch, though the community has often rallied to find new ways as the holes are plugged. We’ll have to wait and see if this is the case here, as the last note only tells us that the vague information that “Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.”
Here then are the full patch notes for the 1.2.0 update for Tears of the Kingdom, care of Nintendo.
Tears of the Kingdom 1.2.0 patch notes
- By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
- Depending on the state of gameplay progression or the location in which the data is reopened, there may be cases in which the items cannot be received.
- Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond a certain point in the main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”, the side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”, the shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”, and the side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”. Downloading the update will allow players to proceed past those points.
- Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
- Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
- Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.
For more on the game, check out our guides on how to cook in Tears of the Kingdom, Alternatively, why not check out how Tears of the Kingdom improves on Breath of the Wild’s queer representation?
Nintendo Switch OLED Model: The Legend of Zelda
Zelda limited edition (green)