Infinity Ward has dropped a new patch for Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, in the hope to fix some of the issues troubling the shooter as we move into the Holiday period.
It’s the second patch in as many weeks for the game, which recently dropped its Season 1 Reloaded update. While it doesn’t fix every issue on fan’s Christmas lists, hopefully it makes players’ experiences a little smoother over the festive break.
NOW BUY: Grab the Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen Bundle on Xbox from Green Man Gaming
Without further ado then, here’s the patch notes for Warzone 2 and MW2 for the week beginning December 19, 2022 – care of the official Call of Duty blog.
Warzone 2 & MW2 patch notes for the week commencing December 19
- Fixed an issue where players were able to save Blueprints from Private Matches and Showcase.
- Fixed an issue that could affect Basilisk bullet spread when ADS.
- Fixed an issue with Gaz Operator skin (Grass Ops) not appearing as purchased once unlocked.
- Fixed an issue that caused lingering smoke to disappear while in ADS during active S.A.E..
- Fixed an issue which prevented Players from selecting a Blueprint after leaving a match early.
- Fixed an issue that caused Steam friends to appear as their SteamID64 rather than their intended nickname.
- Fixed an issue preventing Players from selecting the correct number of Battle Pass Tokens to purchase.
- Buy Station
- Reduced the cost of Primary Loadout Weapons to $2500, down from $5000
- Fixed an issue that caused the Champion’s Quest element negative effects to remain on screen after dropping them outside of playable boundaries.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Players from unequipping an insured Weapon if their Contraband inventory was full.
Below we’ve included a list of items that were recently addressed and communicated via Trello and Twitter.
- The chance to encounter multiple circles in Battle Royale has been reduced to 15%, down from 33%.
- The Heavy Chopper has been disabled in Battle Royale while we investigate options to balance this vehicle for late game.
- Doubled the average number of Buy Stations per Battle Royale match.
- The Loadout Drop public event in Battle Royale will occur during the 2nd circle, one circle earlier than before.
- Fixed an issue that caused Players to unintentionally lose a small amount of cash when equipping a Loadout.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in base AI Combatant difficulty being increased across DMZ that was only intended for a specific area.
The patch does leave a few outstanding issues with the community, for example – there’s no fix yet for Dev Error 11557, and Heavy Choppers are still nowhere to be found.
NOW READ:TODAY'S COIN MASTER FREE SPINS HAVE ARRIVED - FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE HERE!
However, the teams will no doubt be diligently working over the festive period – with an obvious break to allow the teams time with their families for their own Holidays of course – to ensure the game runs as smooth as it possibly can.
In the meantime, why not check out our guide to Warzone 2’s new Mini Royale mode, recently added in Season 1 Reloaded.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-03-28