The Callisto Protocol director Glen Schofield has tweeted to reassure fans that the content of the game’s upcoming season pass hasn’t been held back from the main game to sell as DLC.
Taking to Twitter, Schofield said the following: “To be clear, we’re not holding anything back from the main game for the season pass.”
“We haven’t even started work on this content yet. It’s all new stuff that we’ll be working on in the new year. Fans have asked for EVEN MORE deaths, so we’re making it a priority next year.”
While there’s the obvious addition of things like skins and a vague ‘story DLC’ – there’s also a couple of standout additions, such as a couple of brand new modes and even some of the game’s death animations.
Of course, The Callisto Protocol’s development team is made up of many veterans of the former Dead Space team. That series was famous for offing protagonist Issac Clarke in gory, gruesome ways – and it seems this tradition will be continued in The Callisto Protocol too.
The Callisto Protocol Season Pass Contents
Here’s what’s included in that Season Pass then and each item’s description, as per the game’s Steam listing:
- Outer Way Skin Collection:
- Bear the armor of the Outer Way, an underground insurgency pitted against the UJC, as you fight to survive the horrors of Callisto.
- Contagion Bundle:
- Discover the ultimate survival horror experience with a new mode, Contagion. With reduced ammo and health drops, a customized difficulty and permadeath – there are no second chances to escape Black Iron Prison or the horrors lurking beneath the surface of Callisto. The Contagion Bundle also includes thirteen new Jacob death animations and the Watchtower Skin Collection.
- Riot Bundle:
- Venture into a previously undiscovered area of Black Iron Prison and battle through waves of brutal enemies. Gather credits to upgrade your weapons, or forge new ones, and survive the onslaught as long as you can in Riot, an all-new mode. The Riot Bundle also includes twelve new enemy death animations and the Engineer Skin Collection.
- Story DLC:
- Dig deeper into the horrifying secrets of The Callisto Protocol.
The Callisto Protocol is currently set to arrive on December 2, 2022.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2022-11-30