It’s come to light that Rockstar, 2K and Private Division parent Take-Two Interactive is working on three unannounced remakes or remasters, all hoping to launch by March 2023.
The information was revealed in slides for an investor presentation for the publisher spotted by Video Games Chronicle over the weekend. According to the slide the publisher has six “new iterations of previously released titles” in the works. Three of these include the Grand Theft Auto V release for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 as well as GTA Online’s standalone launch. Another is the upcoming next-gen versions of spacefaring simulator Kerbal Space Program. The final three however, are as yet to-be-announced.
It’s also worth noting that the same slide also touts one unannounced “immersive core” title from 2K. This is widely believed to be the “exciting new franchise” the publisher said it will reveal later this month, potentially at Gamescom. Speculation seems to point that this may be the planned Marvel XCOM game that’s been rumoured for a few months, but we’ll have to wait and see.
Take-Two has previously said back in March (thanks Xbox Achievements) that it wasn’t interested in a simple ports. CEO Strauss Zelnick said at the time: “Remastering has always been a part of the strategy. We’ve done differently than the competition – we don’t just port titles over, we actually take the time to do the very best job we can making the title different for the new release, for the new technology that we’re launching it on.”
Maybe we’ll hear more about these potential Take-Two remasters at Gamescom. The event is gearing up to take place later this month, and Xbox just a few hours ago announced their own live stream to kick off proceedings on August 24.