Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
The PGA Tour 2K23 Deluxe Edition and PGA Tour 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition arrived on October 11, with a Standard Edition landing on October 14.
Tiger Woods will be gracing the cover of the game – as well as being one of the playable characters.
Woods leads a roster of more than 14 male and female pros at launch, including Justin Thomas, Lexi Thompson, Tony Finau, Lydia Ko, Collin Morikawa, Will Zalatoris and Brooke Henderson. More pros and courses will be added as free post-launch DLC.
It’s not only great to be back on the cover of a video game, but the Executive Director role makes this a truly unique opportunity,” said Tiger Woods.
“2K is the perfect partner for me and I am excited to continue impacting the game and culture of golf beyond my play on the PGA TOUR.”
PGA Tour 2K23 release date and confirmed editions
There are two editions of the game, which have different release dates.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Deluxe Edition – OUT NOW
- For Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, or PlayStation 5 consoles, includes the base game with cross-generation dual-entitlement, as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Golden Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack, which includes 1300 VC (Virtual Currency), a hockey stick putter, gold baseball cap, gold glove, and three Rare consumable golf ball sleeves;
- For PC, includes the base game, as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Golden Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition (available in digital format only) – OUT NOW
- Includes all the contents of the Standard and Deluxe Edition for the purchased platform;
- Includes the Tiger Woods Edition Bonus Pack – which includes a Tiger Woods TaylorMade wedge set, Nike TW Golf tee shirt, and three Epic consumable golf ball sleeves – plus the Tiger Woods Signature Sunday Pack, which includes a red polo, black pants, black hat, Nike TW Golf shoes, Nike TW Golf belt, and Bridgestone Golf TOUR B XS, Tiger Edition Golf Ball.
This is followed by PGA TOUR 2K23 Standard Edition on Friday, October 14, 2022.
- PGA TOUR 2K23 Standard Edition:
- Physical and digital versions for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 consoles, includes the base game;
- For PC, includes the base game and the Golden Club Pack, which includes a Golden Putter, Golden Driver, and four Uncommon consumable golf ball sleeves;
- Players who pre-order any version of the Standard Edition will receive the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack******, which includes playable sports icon Michael Jordan, as well as four consumable Common golf ball sleeves;
- Players who purchase the Standard Edition of the game for Xbox Series X|S (physical or digital version) or PlayStation 5 (digital version only) consoles which includes cross-generation dual entitlement will also receive the Golden Club Pack for the game on Xbox One or PlayStation 4, respectively*******.
Here are the confirmed consoles / PC that PGA Tour 2K23 will support:
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- Xbox X /S
There is no Nintendo Switch version, despite PGA Tour 2K21 appearing on Nintendo’s handheld.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Release Time Prediction
Given the information that we now know the editions that are expected to launch – when exactly does the game release for access? We can have a rough estimation if we go to look when PGA Tour 2K21 released which was:
- 12AM BST / 12PM ET / 9PM PT
From this, it’s a good indication that PGA Tour 2K23 will follow suit and have a release time very similar to its predecessor. It’s to be noted however that release times may alter between editions.
However most games do release by midnight regionally so it’s a good indication, and the more premium editions of the game were available to play at midnight on October 11th, so we expect the same for the standard edition.
PGA Tour 2K23 Topgolf partnership confirmed
Following a press-release from 2K, we now know there is a partnership between PGA Tour 2K23 and Topgolf. The partnership includes a true-to-scale reproduction of the popular party golf destination, and invites a more casual audience the game.
The Topgolf challenge includes hitting ten balls at varying targets, allowing the player to earn points and XP. Another highly appreciated feature is the four player couch play, which really invites the party aspect of Topgolf into PGA Tour 2K23.
This partnership, alongside Tiger Woods, is yet another example of 2K’s undying effort to draw attention to PGA Tour, and we think it’s really paying off. Elsewhere, Basketball legend Michael Jordan is available as a playable character for those who pre-order.
PGA Tour 2K23 gameplay features
The last game brought a load of new additions to the series, which, as expected return this year.
Exhibition, multiplayer and Divot Derby play are all back as well as the ability take part in the FedExCup via PGA TOUR MyCAREER mode. Rich Beem and Luke Elvy also return to provide commentary and analysis, along with new addition Henni Koyack.
There are also modes designed to cater to more casual players. Topgolf sees players aim for targets and try to earn the highest score. Training mode offers a chance to develop swing, driving, chipping and putting.
PGA Tour 2K23 Playable Pros
At launch PGA Tour 2K23 will have 14 Playable Pros, with more set to be announced. The pros are as listed below:
- Tiger Woods
- Lexi Thompson
- Tony Finau
- Justin Thomas
- Lydia Ko
- Jon Rahm
- Collin Morikawa
- Brooke Henderson
- Will Zalatoris
- Rickie Fowler
- Justin Rose
PGA Tour 2K23 New Characters
Adjoined to the original playable pros, they’ve been a couple of new characters that have been rolled out a reveal over the couple of months prior to PGA Tour 2K23 release.
Alongside Michael Jordan, one of them is Golden State Warriors’ Point Guard: Stephen Curry!
It’s expected you can play with Stephen Curry as soon as the game launches on October 11th.
PGA Tour 2K23 new courses
There will be 20 licensed courses at launch with more coming as post launch DLC at no extra cost.
New additions include the South Course of Wilmington Country Club, The Renaissance Club and St. George’s Golf and Country Club.
The Course Designer also returns, letting you build your own dream course.
So far we know to expect the courses as listed below:
- Atlantic Beach Country Club;
- Bay Hill Golf Club & Lodge (Arnold Palmer Course);
- Copperhead (Innisbrook);
- Detroit Golf Club;
- East Lake Golf Club;
- Quail Hollow Club;
- Riviera Country Club;
- St George’s Golf and Country Club;
- The Renaissance Club;
- TPC Boston;
- TPC Deere Run;
- TPC Louisiana;
- TPC River Highlands;
- TPC San Antonio;
- TPC Sawgrass;
- TPC Scottsdale;
- TPC Southwind;
- TPC Summerlin;
- TPC Twin Cities; and
- Wilmington Country Club (South Course).
PGA Tour 2K23 multiplayer
Finally, multiplayer returns with Online Societies allowing players to squad up with friends for custom tournaments and full seasons.
It’s worth noting that it does not look like crossplay is supported. In the release, 2K state: “Multiplayer modes can only be played with the same console or across generations within the same console family (Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S; PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5).”
PGA TOUR 2K23 FAQs
When does PGA Tour 2K23 Early Access start?
PGA Tour 2K23’s early access should start as early as midnight tonight when the Tiger Woods Edition releases at midnight today, according to the PlayStation Store.
Is there going to be a PGA 2K23?
Yes! There is a another game coming to the PGA series following PGA Tour 2K21, and it’s PGA Tour 2K23 which releases as early as October 11th. It’s official release is on October 14th.