Many fans of Resident Evil 4 will be excited to know that they’ll be able to play their beloved game on a remastered version for platforms such as PS5 but ask the question whether they can upgrade Resident Evil 4 Remake from PS4 to PS5?
We’ll look to address this as being able to migrate your games to next-generation consoles is important, especially in today’s age!
Can I upgrade Resident Evil 4 Remake to PS5?
Yes. Capcom has previously confirmed that those who own the PlayStation 4 version of Resident Evil 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for no extra cost.
To do so, follow the steps below, care of PlayStation Support.
How to upgrade Resident Evil 4 Remake from PS4 to PS5? Step by step guide
There are two ways to upgrade Resident Evil 4 remake from both generations – physical and digital. We have crucial steps on how you can do this, as they’re quite different to an extent!
We’ll break it down underneath:
If you have the physical disk version, you’ll need a PS5 with a disk drive to perform the upgrade (sorry, there’s no way to convert a disk copy to a digital one at the time of writing.)
- Sign into your PSN account on your PS5 console.
- Insert your PS4 Resident Evil Remake game disc.
- Go to the game hub – the big tile at the top with the disk logo – that should pop up with ‘Resident Evil 4’.
- Select the ‘Upgrade’ offer on the game hub, and review the details.
- Select ‘Download’ to download the game.
After downloading, you should be able to play. Do note that you’ll need the disk in the drive each time you want to play – and your disk must come from the same region as the PSN network account you’re signed in with.
- The digital version is more straightforward, although a majority of the steps are the same.
- Sign into your PSN account on your PS4 console
- Find the PS5 game on the PlayStation Store – or use the Search function to find it.
- On the game hub, select the ‘Upgrade’ offer on the game hub, and review the details.
- Select ‘Download’ to begin downloading the game.
NOW READ: Is Resident Evil 4 On PS4?
Once your download is complete, your game should be ready to download and play – and you can remove the PS4 version from your console’s hard drive as you see fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I play Resident Evil 4 Remake PS4 on PS5?
Yes! Alternatively, you’ll be able to play the PS4 version on the PS5, if you decided you wanted to enjoy the PS4 version but don’t have access to the platform.
How much is Resident Evil 4 Remake Upgrade PS5?
Happy to say – regardless if you buy the PS4 or PS5 version, it is at a fixed price of $59.99, so there’s no worry on paying a price difference here!