Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
The Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Error Code Diver appears only when the game is unable to download all the necessary files. Meaning your installation of the game cannot be completed.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-12-02
Obviously, without all the files there’s absolutely no way that you can play the game, but sometimes even reinstalling the game just doesn’t work.
How to FIX Error Code Diver in MW2?
So how can you fix the MW2 Error Code Diver? Well, there are a few different ways that you can do it:
- Check if you’re connected to the internet. Sometimes the connection can drop on certain systems
- Restart your router.
- Verify the integrity of your game files, or check that your game doesn’t need an update on your chosen system:
- If you’re on Xbox, scroll to Games & Apps in the dashboard, select manage, and then update
- If you’re on PlayStation, press options while on the icon for MW2 and click check for updates
- Steam players must select properties and choose the local files tab before verifying the integrity of any game files
Alternative Ways to Fix Error Code Diver IN MW2?
Check for updates
- Right-click on the title, select Properties, and then click Updates
- Click the Start or Menu button and select Check for Updates
- Click the Settings gear icon and Check for Updates
The next thing you can try is resetting your Modem. Here’s how you can do that:
Reset your Modem for Error Code Diver
- Quit game completely
- Unplug the internet modem / router
- Wait 3 seconds
- Wait for your router to reboot, which could take time
- After resetting your modem / router, downloading again
- Trying a LAN connection could also work. Using an ethernet cable, or even a different wireless connection might yield different results.
Re-Downloading a Data Pack
- Try deleting and re-downloading one of the data packs
- Successfully downloading and installing it should verify the whole app and fix the error