Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
The highly-anticipated sequel to one of the best and most innovative games of 2020 is nearly here. Publisher 505 Games has shared the official Ghostrunner 2 release date and start time countdown, and fans can enter the sci-fi dystopia very soon. In fact, if you’re willing to pay extra, you can play early access right now.
In our Ghostrunner 2 review, we gave the game a fantastic 9/10. We were especially positive towards the biggest addition which is the motorbike, and we also loved the one-hit deaths and gorgeous dystopian visuals. If you’re planning to play the sequel, we have shared tips and tricks in a beginner’s guide, and we have also ranked the best Ultimates in the game.
The release date and time are nearly here, but you can play early access provided you purchase the most expensive edition.
Ghostrunner 2 release date
The release date for Ghostrunner 2 is October 26th. The sequel is available for PlayStation, Xbox, and PC, but for consoles it is restricted to current-gen only, meaning PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. As for PC, it is available to pre-order on Steam and Epic Games.
What time does Ghostrunner 2 come out?
The Ghostrunner 2 release time countdown is 8 AM PT/ 11 AM ET/ 4 PM BST on October 26th. All of these launch hours come courtesy of the official launch map shared on the game’s X, formerly known as Twitter, account. It has the same start time across all platforms, and its simultaneous release means the common New Zealand trick will not work on Xbox.
Ghostrunner 2 start time US
- 8 AM PT on Thursday, October 26th (early access on October 24th)
- 11 AM ET on Thursday, October 26th (early access on October 24th)
Start time UK and EU
- 4 PM BST on Thursday, October 26th (early access on October 24th)
- 5 PM CEST on Thursday, October 26th (early access on October 24th)
Release date and start time AUS
- 1 AM AEST on Friday, October 27th (early access on October 25th)
Release date and start time New Zealand
- 4 AM NZST on Friday, October 27th (early access on October 25th)
How to play Ghostrunner 2 early access
While the Standard release launches on October 26th, bloodthirsty samurais can play early access right now by purchasing the Brutal edition. Per the PSN store, this bundle costs £59.99/$69.99, and comes with the following bonuses:
- 48-Hour Early Access
- Traditional Sword and Hand Skins (2x)
- Deluxe Sword and Hand Skin Pack (4x)
- Hand Hologram with PSN ID
- Aqua Animated Sword and Hand Skin
- Design 24A Motorcycle Skin
- Season Pass