The release of the World Cup Content in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team is here and there is a lot to look at. We have the World Cup Heroes, but we are also have a new promo in celebration of the tournament: The World Cup Path to Glory.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-05-29
It looks like EA are going to make a very big deal out of the first World Cup to not take place during June/July.
NOW READ: The best CBs in FIFA 23
Traditionally the World Cup takes place during June and July, during the off season for the European Leagues.
This is also when FIFA is traditionally winding down, and building up to the new game. Now, this time around, the World Cup will fall during the height of FIFA and it is sure to be a big event.
What is the FIFA 23 Path to Glory Promo?
Path to Glory will be a promo released during the men’s World Cup in FIFA 23 to celebrate the tournament. A World Cup only comes around once every four years, so it is certainly a reason to celebrate.
BUY NOW: 5% off FIFA 23 Points at Green Man Gaming
The cards will be reactive to how well their nations doing in the tournament. The cards can receive five upgrades overall:
- 1 upgrade for qualifying from the group stage
- 1 upgrade for winning the Round of 16
- Quarter finals win is a weak foot upgrade
- Semi-finals win is a skill move upgrade
- Winning the final is a plus 1 upgrade as well as 3 new traits
There are 32 nations in the FIFA World Cup, so it seems likely we will get at least one player from each nation. Although, the host nation Qatar, do not actually have any players in FIFA 23 so it is unlikely they will get a card in the game.
FIFA 23 World Cup Path to Glory : Two Manchester City Players Feature
- 90 CAM, Bernardo Silva (Portugal)
- 88 CM, Frankie De Jong (Netherlands)
- 88 ST, Romelu Lukaku (Belgium)
- 87 ST, Antoine Griezmann (France)
- 87 RB, Dani Carvajal (Spain)
- 87 LW, Jack Grealish (England)
- 87 RM, Serge Gnabry (Germany)
- 87 ST, Milik (Poland)
- 86 CB, Ronald Araujo (Uruguay)
- 86 CDM, Thomas Delaney (Denmark)
- 85 LB, Oviedo (Costa Rica)
When will the World Cup Path to Glory promo release in FIFA 23?
This promo looks set to release on the 11th of November. It will be the Fifth Promo of FIFA 23. We are still unsure on whether this will be a one, or two week long promo, and if it will definitely be on the 11th, but that would make sense considering the tournament begins in Qatar on the 20th of November.
FIFA 23 Path to Glory Leaks:
We are now beginning to see some leaks for the upcoming World Cup Path to Glory promo and some of the cards look like they could be amazing, especially if they receive the upgrades as expected.
NOW READ: FIFA 23 TOTW 8
Below are all the players leaked for Path to Glory so far:
- Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig/France) – Nkunku already boasts 5 star skill moves so he won’t receive that upgrade, but this card will be incredibly desirable. France normally do well at International tournaments and they are the current holders. While Nkunku is a great player for any team on FIFA, so a special is welcome.
- Hirving Lozano (Napoli/Mexico) – The pacy Mexican winger will be a welcome addition to any Serie A side, but they may struggle to make it out of the group. In their group is Poland and Argentina, so they’re definitely not favourites to make it out.
- Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/USA) – The shining star of this USA team will be featured in the upcoming promo and Pulisic could look to earn a couple upgrades. USAs groups consists of Wales, England and Iran. It won’t be easy, but they have a shot.
- Kyle Walker (Manchester City/England) – Who knows how good this card could be, England are out of form right now but have done well at the last two international tournaments. A big boost to Kyle Walker will make him a must have for any Premier League team.
- Yannick Carrasco (Atletico Madrid/Belgium) – The Atletico winger is one of the Belgiums better players now as their golden generation comes to an end. This tournament feels like it is the Red Devils last chance to do it on the international stage.
- Bruno Guimaraes (Newcastle United/Brazil) – If you want to know why Newcastle are doing so well this season then this man is your answer, he has been in sensational form this season and rightfully earned his place in this Brazil squad. Brazil are one of the favourites for the tournament, and there is a sense of destiny around the most successful team in World Cup history.
- Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund/Germany) – It feels like it would take a miracle for Dortmund captain Reus to make a World Cup. Every time one comes around he gets injured, and sadly this has happened again. However, if he was fit he would definitely be in the squad and it looks like he will still get a card in this upcoming promo.
- Ronald Araujo (FC Barcelona/Uruguay) – The Barcelona CB is already a great option in FIFA 23, and Uruguay normally do well in the tournament, so this card could become truly special.
- Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid/Brazil) – It looks like Vinicius Junior will feature in the new promo and there is no doubt that he will be the best card in the promo. He may even remain one of the best cards in the game for quite some time.
- Kim Min-Jae (Napoli/South Korea) – It’s very exciting to see Min-Jae getting a special in FIFA 23 after the incredible season he has had. It is unlikely that South Korea will go far in the tournament, but he could still get a boost or two.
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Chelsea/Senegal) – We believe this is the player that is currently being teased in the loading screen and will be a must have player for any Chelsea and Premier League fans.
- Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid/Spain) – It looks as though Real Madrid are set to get two specials in this upcoming promo with Carvajal receiving the card for Spain. He may go far in the tournament, so this could be one to watch.
- Bernardo Silva (Manchester City/Portugal) – There were plenty of superstars to choose from to receive a special in this Portugal side, and they always go far in tournaments. This card could end up as any endgame card come the end of the tournament.
FIFA 23 Path to Glory Predictions:
These cards, depending on their nation could receive some pretty big boosts. Although some countries may not make it as far.
NOW READ: The Ultimate FIFA 23 soundtrack
The favourites for the tournament are Argentina, EA Sports have predicted them to win the tournament, while Brazil, France and England are also predicted to do well. There will always be a dark horse at any tournament. This time around it is difficult to look past Denmark to cause problems.
Here are some players we think will feature during this promo:
- Declan Rice (England, West Ham) – There are a lot of highly rated players for England already, Rice would make sense because he would have plenty of room to grow and because of where he plays he his unlikely to receive in-forms.
- Pedri (Spain, Barcelona) – La Liga already has some excellent midfielders, but Pedri would be the real pinnacle of a La Liga midfielder. The Barcelona youngster is already one of the best.
- Danilo (Brazil, Juventus) – The Brazil full back may not be one of the best players in the Brazil squad but would be a very welcome addition to right back in FIFA 23.
- Edouard Mendy (Senegal, Chelsea) – The Chelsea keeper was once undroppable for Chelsea, which he no longer is, but he is still Senegal’s no. 1 and would be a great keeper to introduce in the game.
- Malacia (Netherlands, Manchester United) – Malacia has been a revelation this his move to Manchester United, but there is a lot of talent in this Netherlands side so there are plenty of players deserving of the upgrade.
What time will Path to Glory Team 1 release?
If Path to Glory is the same as the other promos in FIFA 23, then we can expect the new content to release at 6PM BST / 2PM ET / 11AM ET.
It would be very unusual if FIFA 23 does not stick to this schedule, as this is when they always release new content, regardless of what it is.
FIFA 23 Path to Glory FAQs
When does the World Cup begin?
The first game of the World Cup will be on the 20th of November.
When does Path to Glory release?
The Path to Glory cards look as though they will release on Friday the 11th of November, at 6pm BST.