A new week has arrived, and this means a fresh batch of team of the week cards are imminent, so read on further for FIFA 23s TOTW 8.
Another weekend of the season has passed, and once again there have been some outstanding performances that should help make up another cracking TOTW.
TOTW 8 may be even stronger than last week’s TOTW, so it’s plenty to be excited about this week.
FIFA 23 TOTW 8: Salah and Hernandez star
This is one of the last TOTWs before the beginning of the World Cup, and it features a few must have cards, but for the most part is a relatively weak squad.
If you’er aiming to pack someone in this team, you want Salah or Hernandez, although there are a couple of other decent options too.
You can take a look at the full squad here:
- GK, Trapp (Eintracht Frankfurt)
- LB, Hernadez (A.C. Milan)
- RB, Trippier (Newcastle United)
- CB, Bremer (Juventus)
- CB, Gabriel (Arsenal)
- RM, Maddison (Leicester City)
- LM, Belaili (AC, Ajaccio)
- RM, Avila (Osasuna)
- ST, Onuachu (Genk)
- CF, Diaby (Bayer Leverkusen)
- RW, Salah (Liverpool)
- GK, Schmeichel (OGC Nice)
- CB, David Lopez (Girona)
- LM, Golovin (AS Monaco)
- CAM, Plea (Borussia Monchengladbach)
- CM, Bonaventura (Fiorentina)
- RF, Edwards (Sporting CP)
- ST, Icardi (Galatasary)
- GK, McCarthy (LAFC)
What does an expert say?
We spoke with Neal Guides to see what they thought of this weeks TOTW, and this is what they had to say:
The star pick of the week is Salah, albeit only a small upgrade, his gold card has been proven to be one of the best wingers in the premier league. Bearing in mind that compared to his gold card, he picks up +3 in passing & physicality and +2 in dribbling, pace and shooting.
Although we must keep in mind that this is Salah’s second In Form card, there is only a marginal difference compared to his first. Big upgrades compared to his gold, important in key areas of attack, but in the grand scheme of things, if you have his 91 In Form, it’s not worth upgrading for the price difference.
Bremer has been upgraded to be a real challenger for one of the best centre-backs in serie A, his gold card was already a choice for many due to his low price and brazilian links.
With an upgrade we see a +2 upgrade to his pace, +3 to his physical, dribbling and passing. Bremer also gets improvements to some of his key stats that are important for a centre-back, in particular he has an increase of +4 to both his long and short passing and a +4 increase to his reactions making him a real first choice card for any Serie A team.
There is also his Champions league card, which is better, however due the cost of this card, he may be out of budget for some being almost triple the price at the time of this article. The IF card is a cheap alternative, a solid Serie A centre-back without breaking the bank.
Under The Radar
Avila is a card that goes under most radars, but some people seem to miss is that he has a 5* Weak Foot and high agility/balance. This is a perfect combination for those who like to left stick dribble inside the box, the only downside being that he does has 3* Skill Moves. If you don’t mind not having the 4* and 5* Skill Moves, and use the barebones basics such as fake shots, with +4 upgrades to dribbling, shooting & passing, he is a dangerous cheap card for almost discard price.
Do note that he also has a rule breaker card, the main difference between his 82 IF and his 84 Rulebreaker is that his In form has more physical, and his rulebreaker has more pace. I would strongly suggest leaning towards the rulebreaker because he has more pace, however for those who prefer the physicality this 82 Avila is definitely a card to give a go for any La Liga team.
How does FIFA 23 Team of the Week (TOTW) Work?
TOTW is an event that occurs weekly to celebrate the players who showed the best form in the last round of games.
These cards can only be earned in packs, but they will also be in the rewards for the FUT Champions game mode on a weekend.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2022-12-07
These players range in quality, and the players who are the best will make up the starting eleven, then there will also be a bench and a reserves. So there will be a 22 man squad of in-forms.
FIFA 23 TOTW 8 Release Date Prediction – when will FIFA 23 TOTW 8 release?
FIFA’s TOTW have always been releasing on Wednesday, which has remained a consistent pattern for a while now so it’s safe to predict that TOTW 8 will release on Wednesday, November 8th.
FIFA 23 TOTW 8 Release Time Prediction – what TIME does FIFA 23 TOTW 8 release?
FIFA 23 TOTW 8 could look to release at around 6PM GMT / 1PM ET / 10AM PT, this is pretty standard for most FIFA content releases to drop at this time.
It’s been a persistent pattern this year and we anticipate it’ll be the same for this week too.
FIFA 23 TOTW 8 Leaks – Liverpool Winger set to Feature
It’s to no surprise this week that Mohamed Salah could once again grace this weeks Team Of The Week, following a strong performance vs Tottenham this past weekend.
However, alongside Salah – we’ll be getting into the possible players that could see an appearance this week:
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – As stated above, Mohamed Salah could see another upgrade here with a statement performance against Tottenham, scoring two goals.
- Neymar Jr (Paris-SG) – Neymar Jr had a solid performance this week too – recording one goal and one assist and he could receive another in-form upgrade this week following the one he had received a couple weeks ago!
- Kevin Trapp (Frankfurt) – A solid performance by the German goalkeeper which kept Frankfurt in the match to secure a 2-1 win against Augsburg.
- Gabriel (Arsenal) – Not to confuse for Gabriel Jesus, but Gabriel managed to secure Arsenal the win this week over Chelsea in a close 1-0 victory, it was Gabriel that put up Arsenal to get them in position to win.
- Filip Kostic (Juventus) – It’s likely the Juventus star gets an inform this week, with Juventus winning 2-0 against Sampdoria, he managed to assist on both goals too.
- Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen) – A strong performance by the midfielder, who picked up two goals against Union Berlin in a compelling 2-0 victory.
- Jacob Ramsey (Aston Villa) – Ramsey possibly could be set up for a big upgrade this week, with one goal and two assists he is primed for a nice upgrade to kickstart Season 2.
- Christopher Nkuku (Red Bull Leipzig) – With two goals coming against a comfortable win against Hoffenheim, Nkuku could be slotted a upgrade here.
- Theo Hernandez (A.C. Milan) – The Milan left back is debatably the best in his position in the world, but he is certainly one of the best in the game. This card will be a welcome addition to any Serie A defence.
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (Bayern Munich) – Moting has been on fire this season for Bayern Munich recording ten goals and three assists this season.
FIFA 23 TOTW 8 FAQ
Are TOTW still in packs?
Yes, TOTW players are still in packs, new batch of cards will be updated by 6PM on Wednesday to reveal Week 8’s cards.
What is TOTW in FIFA?
FIFA 23 TOTW stands for Team of the Week, and is a selection of upgraded Ultimate Team cards rewarded to players who have performed well for their clubs during the domestic season.