Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Frustrated with Astarion’s little air kisses ruining your Faerûn fairy tale? Well, you’re in luck because Larian Studios has promised to fix this intimate issue once the Baldur’s Gate 3 patch 5 release date rolls around. If you’re wondering when you can expect it to drop, worry not; we’ll cover exactly that and more of the upcoming changes below.
Keep in mind, though, that this long-awaited bug fix won’t actually help you earn the misunderstood vampire’s affection – at least, not like our Baldur’s Gate 3 Astarion companion guide can. But if you’ve already been busy with the game’s resident coffin sleeper, keep reading to find out when the patch to fix the frustrating “little kiss” bug will be released.
Baldur’s Gate 3 patch 5 release date
Larian Studios released its Baldur’s Gate 3 patch 5 on Thursday, November 30, 2023, for all platforms, including the PlayStation 5, PC, and MacOS. The game’s developer confirmed this through an X post, wherein they also gave fans a look at the entirety of the patch notes, which include the aforementioned bug fix and seasonal content addition.
Aside from the Astarion “little kisses” bug fix, Larian Studios also announced that additional content in the form of Withers’ Epilogue will also be introduced as part of patch 5. Unfortunately, it’s currently unclear what this new in-game event contains. However, it’s safe to assume that it will be restricted to the confines of your campsite, where the emaciated crypt keeper can safely host his party extravaganza without worrying about would-be attackers.
BG3 update 5 patch notes
As mentioned above, the Baldur’s Gate 3 patch 5 update contains fixes to Astarion’s “little kisses” bug and introduces Withers’ Epilogue to the game. However, much like every chonky patch released in the past, these won’t be the only changes included, so you can check out all of the changes Larian Studios has made below.
- Epilogue: An entirely new section at the end of the game after the defeat of the Netherbrain that aims to provide a well-deserved sense of closure with your allies.
- Two new play modes: Honour Mode and Custom Mode.
- Many performance improvements, particularly in Act III.
- Added dynamic resolution for PS5.
- Players playing on machines with low VRAM/RAM should see improved performance.
- The game is now available in Korean!
- While at camp, you can now access and manage the inventories of companions who aren’t in your active party.
- Added a brand new fight in Ramazith’s Tower if you betray the Nightsong there.
- Orin’s outfit now drops as loot and is wearable by anyone. We also gave it a suitably disgusting description and name.
- Shadowheart will always be the owner of the artefact during the tutorial if she is a follower.
- Becoming half-illithid will now also visually affect your eyes.
- Basic Action variations (e.g. a free version of Dash that you can perform because of a class feature) that share a hotkey by default will now gain a hotkey according to a certain priority order.
- A romanced Minthara can now refer to her bond with you using a drow word for deep, unbreakable love.
- Fixed a bug where party members would sometimes not change back into the armour set they were displaying before entering camp.
- You can now talk to Mol about her contract with Raphael in the Guildhall.
- Withers will sneakily resurrect any dead companions that fell before the final battle so they can join the ending cinematics. What a helpful skeleton.
- Gave Jaheira her own scene with Danthelon if she approaches him alone.
- Improved the physics of characters and walls to prevent NPCs being able to shoot through ceilings inside houses.
- Fixed an issue where Gale’s scene with Mystra after the final combat of the game only played if you had no one else in your party.
- Made cinematic tweaks to restore sections of Astarion’s Act III Ascendant sex scene.
- Improved companion reactivity when making the decision before the Netherbrain.
- The loading screen art now unlocks gradually as you progress through the game.
- Boo will no longer take damage when thrown.
- Fixed the puzzle in Cazador’s Palace.
- Fixed the screen going black during Astarion’s endgame romance scene.
- Added some additional audio and cinematic work to the intimate scene with the drow in Sharess’ Caress.
- Wild Shapes that do not have weapons will now benefit from having the Tavern Brawler feat.
You can also check out the entirety of the Baldur’s Gate 3 patch 5 patch notes through Larian Studios’ official announcement. Before you jump back in to explore it, though, take a look at our guides on how to find Zevlor in Baldur’s Gate 3, how to dual wield in Baldur’s Gate 3, and how to get Loviatar’s Blessing from Abdirak in Baldur’s Gate 3.