DICE has released a new title update for the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 4, bringing improvements to the game's overall stability.
According to the developer, the patch "contains a number of crash fixes" and is "mainly focused at increasing game stability", minimising the risk of crashes between games and under particular circumstances.
It also improves the game's performance during sequences featuring large destruction and fixes the infinite loading screen bug.
Dec 5 X360 Game Update Notes
- This patch is mainly focused at increasing game stability and contains a number of crash fixes.
- Accumulated, these fixes should help increase stability overall in the game.
- Reduced the risk of a crash when transitioning from one multiplayer round to another
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating decals (bullet hit effects, etc.)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving vehicles
- Fixed a crash that could occur when moving outside of the intended play area
- Fixed a crash that could occur when firing the MBT and IFV gunner incendiary weapon
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Options menu
- Fixed a problem with weapon accessories using up too much memory, which in turn could lead to crashing
One-hit Kill Bug Fixed
Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
Improved Hit Sync
We previously removed interpolation of damage events (like you taking damage from someone shooting at you) to make them feel more responsive, but that made the damage sync suboptimal. We are committed to tweaking the sync so that it will stay more true to what you are actually seeing. The first step towards this is taken in this patch, so you should see some improvement on this now. We will continue to work on improving hit sync in the game. This change is already live on PS3, PC, X360, and PS4, and will go live on Xbox One in an upcoming patch.
- Fix for stuck in infinite loading screen
- Fix for flares exploit where you could deploy flares faster by leaving and re-entering a vehicle
- Moved an infantry spawn point on Rogue Transmission at first base that was previously positioned outside of combat area
- Adjusted AT weapon at first base on Rogue Transmission from second floor barrack to outside on ground. Previously, players had to destroy a wall in order to reach the weapon
- Performance fix when firing upon large destruction objects (mostly after Levolution events)
- Minor performance optimizations
- Fix for destroyed object parts still being visible in the game world
- Smoother movement of networked objects (like vehicle turrets)
- Fix for audio randomly dropping out when driving a US tank
- SP/South China Sea: Added collision for place where player could get stuck
EA said yesterday that it had halted development on future Battlefield 4 expansion packs and other DICE projects until all issues with Battlefield 4 had been resolved.