EA has confirmed that news about the next Battlefield 2042 update will be arriving later this month.
Following the launch of update 1.2, the last scheduled game update before Season 2, EA confirmed news of Update 2.0 will arrive ‘in August’, as cited in their blog.
It’s not known yet what the update will bring to the table, but if it’s anything like 1.2, we can expect some pretty welcome and significant changes.
Battlefield 2042 update 1.2 brought with it a host of improvements – with the most notable change coming to the Kaleidoscope map, which has been reworked to improve gameplay.
EA strategically repositioned cover to help ‘ensure that the map evolves throughout the duration of each round’. It’s hoped the changes will provide both Attackers and Defenders with new options when playing in key areas.
Here is a list of what was added in the last Battlefield 2042 patch, taken from the Battlefield website:
- Kaleidoscope: reworked to offer an improved gameplay flow through new cover assets, flag positions, terrain elevations and visual updates to several locations on the map
- Introduced the first Style and Tone change for our Specialists, which includes several updated character models
- The power of the RAH-68 Huron and YG-99 Hannibal 30mm Cannon has been reduced by making it overheat at a much faster rate.
- A Player Profile and Statistics page is now available in-game. It provides an overview of your performance and progression since launch
- Aim Assist on Controllers has been adjusted to ensure it feels smoother and more consistent while tracking moving targets
- The BSV-M Full Auto mode now receives an accuracy penalty, and High Power rounds now lose damage faster over distance
There were also art direction changes to Specialists, to ensure the style and tone fit better with the 2042 world. They now all look more ‘battle worn’ and hardened, with dust, dirt and more visible on their skin,