Namco Bandai has released a free Exploration Pack for the Xbox 360 version of Test Drive Unlimited 2. As well as offering new missions, cars and multiplayer races, the DLC brings with it numerous enhancements and fixes.
- 20 new missions including 2 all-new mission types: Extreme Convoy and Timed Convoy.
- 20 new wrecks to find which give you access to 2 new exclusive cars:
- Lancia Stratos version Rallye
- Dodge Charger 1969
- 3 additional Discovery levels.
- 2 new Multiplayer Races for the Stratos
- DLC: Help channel added to TDU media.
- Motorcycle dealer, Auction hall, and new clothing shops are "under construction" - users can visit location, but they are not yet open for business.
- Players are now able to sell reward cars they have earned in dealerships.
- Roads are now marked as "explored" for areas visited when riding as a passenger
- Rewards increased for multiplayer challenges
- Car class restriction added to multiplayer ranked challenges
- Player name display updated in free ride for improved clarity
- Instant challenge routes will adjust based on players vehicle types (i.e. dirt roads vs asphalt)
- Adjusted impact sound after certain jumps
- Casino roulette exploits removed
- Casino Level 10 cut scene updated
- Club Challenges updated to allow players to race with the club cars
- Fixed a map bug that would display online players swimming far into the Mediterranean
We awarded the game 7/10 in our Test Drive Unlimited 2 review from February. There is currently no date for the DLC arriving on PS3.