The Second Wave content for XCOM: Enemy Unknown is now available for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, 2K Games and Firaxis Games have announced.
The new content - available by downloading the new title update - offers a variety of gameplay modifiers to enhance the XCOM: Enemy Unknown experience after completing the main campaign.
The Second Wave content includes:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier's mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
Second Wave follows the release of premium DLC, Slingshot Content Pack, which includes three new maps tied to Council missions, a new playable squad character with a unique story and voice, and new character customization options.
Source: Press release