A free update introducing 15 new events, collectibles, customisation options and more is available to download now on Xbox One and PS4.
The 'Legends' update introduces a brand new story thread that tasks players with completing a series of knock-out events to win a tricked out Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec from Eddie, the main antagonist of the original Need For Speed: Underground.
There are 113 new customisation items available to ensure you look good while doing it, too, split across six cars featured in the main game, including the Volkswagen Golf GTI, Lotus Exige S and Dodge Challenger SRT8. You're even able to customise brake discs and calipers now, too, and style out your car with classic Need For Speed decals and wraps.
19 new music tracks from earlier Need For Speed titles are being added as well, including songs from Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2, Need For Speed Carbon and Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit. Most Wanted's 'I Am Rock' is probably the one to get most excited about.
10 new Urbex Spots, meanwhile, offer a brand new type of collectible for players to hunt down, split across graffiti murals, statues and other points of interest. You'll also have 12 new donor cars to find, each offering a new piece of customisation.
The REP cap is being raised from level 60 to 70, too, and there are three new achievements/trophies to unlock, including one for hitting REP 70. And if you've ever wanted to be able to mute incoming phone calls, the new patch lets you do that, too. For the full patch notes take a look below.
Need For Speed is available now on PS4 and Xbox One with a PC release to follow in spring 2016.
FULL PATCH NOTES
- Brand new progression thread unlocked at Rep Level 25. Eddie and Melissa are back and ready for a new challenge in Ventura Bay. 15 new events with a great reward at the end
- Unlock Eddie's Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (1999)
- 12 new Donor car collectables hidden around Ventura Bay
- 10 Urbex spots - Collect interesting spots around Ventura Bay
- 113 New customisation items for a selection of cars
- New screens in My NFS to track new collectables and progression
- Rep Level has now been increased to 70, each level unlocking new decals for the Wrap editor
- 3 New Achievements & Trophies
- New Daily Challenges and new rewards
- Hundreds of new decals so you can make your favourite Need for Speed cars
- 20+ Pre-set Wraps from Most Wanted, Underground and Pro Street
- A selection of new music tracks to remind you of the old days
- Ability to mute new phone calls
- Phone call improvements
- You can now customize brake discs and calipers!
- Improvements to AI
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements