Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
With the fan-favorite Team Of The Week Program officially completed for the 2022 season, Madden 23 Ultimate Team (MUT) has replaced its reveal slot with a new program known as the Weekly Wildcards.
This postseason edition is a very special one, catering a whole new Madden 23 Ultimate Team adventure for the community by introducing new, top tier players that carry some of the best overall ratings in the game. From new Standouts, to Heavyweights, to Veterans and Rising Stars, this program honors the different levels of experience, degrees of strength, and memorable performances that the NFL embodies and embraces.
This drop marked the first of many to come for the Weekly Wildcards Program and consists of over 15 new cards you can now acquire in MUT. The Weekly Wildcards Program reveal took place today, January 24th, at 10:30AM ET / 3:30PM GMT on Good Morning Madden. And amazingly enough, Madden 23 released the Weekly Wildcards Part 1 drop soon after at 11:15AM ET / 4:15PM GMT.
Without further ado, here’s all the new players from the first part of the Weekly Wildcards Program that are live in MUT.
Madden 23: Weekly Wildcards Part 1 Players
As highlighted in the introduction, the Weekly Wildcards Program comes with four different tiers of players. Each of these tiers represent a certain category of player card you can get in Madden 23 Ultimate Team. Here’s a look at the four tiers:
- Heavyweight – A player who possess immense strength and fortitude for their position
- Rising Star – A promising young talent in the NFL that had a special 2022 season
- Standout – A player who had a standout performance over the 2022 season
- Veteran – A player who is a veteran to the game of football and the NFL
Every overall rating set of the Weekly Wildcards Program, will contain a total of four players, one from each tier. Along with the new players from the first Weekly Wildcards release comes a Limited Edition (LTD) player, one for every drop.
On that note, here’s all of the new players from the Weekly Wildcards Part 1 release in Madden 23:
Limited Edition (96 Overall)
- Isaiah Hodgins (WR) – Giants
Champions (96 Overall)
- Christian Wilkins (RE) – Dolphins – Heavyweight
- Alex Highsmith (ROLB) – Steelers – Standout
- Drake London (WR) – Falcons – Rising Star
- Josh Johnson (QB) – 49ers – Veteran
Heroes (93 Overall)
- Taylor Moton (RT) – Panthers – Heavyweight
- Alex Singleton (MLB) – Broncos – Standout
- Treylon Burks (WR) – Titans – Rising Star
- Mario Addison (RE) – Texans – Veteran
High Elites (90 Overall)
- Greg Gains (DT) – Rams – Heavyweight
- Lawrence Guy (RE) – Patriots – Standout
- Will Dissly (TE) – Seahawks – Rising Star
- Jakeem Grant Sr. (WR) – Browns – Veteran
Low Elites (87 Overall)
- Logan Stenberg (RG) – Lions – Heavyweight
- Myjai Sanders (ROLB) – Cardinals – Standout
- Jack Sanborn (MLB) – Bears – Rising Star
- David Johnson (HB) – Saints – Veteran
Madden 23: Weekly Wildcards Challenges
For the first drop of the Weekly Wildcards Program, there is a set of challenges that comes along with it that grants fans the chance to unlock an 87+ Overall Account Bound (BND) Weekly Wildcards Fantasy Pack.
For the first set of challenges (or Week 1), there’s a total of 16 stars you can earn, a maximum of four from each Weekly Wildcard Champion. By completing each challenge from every Champion for their max four stars, you will unlock that 87+ Overall BND Weekly Wildcards Fantasy Pack.
Since this is only Week 1 of the program, you can expect more challenges and rewards to come as Season 3 continues in Madden 23 Ultimate Team.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-12-03