Ubisoft has announced the return of Might & Magic with the development of Heroes of Might & Magic VI, due for release on Windows PC in 2011. The game is being handled by Black Hole, and will include all the characters and features that have made the brand so successful, as well as brand new innovations.
"Might & Magic is a powerful franchise with an amazing 20-year legacy," said Caroline Stevens, brand director at Ubisoft EMEA. "Players will be able to enjoy the Heroes experience like never before. The amazing creative teams at Black Hole are keeping the original Heroes spirit, while enhancing the RPG elements of the game."
Heroes VI begins 400 years before the events of the previous game in the series, delivering a story in which Angels plan to revive an unfinished war and a vengeful Archangel general underestimates the power of the Griffin Dukes.
Players will be able to:
- Enjoy the Critically Acclaimed Heroes Gameplay: Remastered with the well-known developer, Black Hole, and in close partnership with the game's numerous fans.
- Experience the Unique Mix of Turn-Based Strategy & RPG: Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect tons of resources and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics to level-up your heroes, recruit troops and ready them for combat on exclusive battle maps
- Shape your Destiny: Lead the Heroes of the Griffin dynasty within intriguing scenarios. Choose your path, assume your choices and customize your gaming experience thanks to a brand new reputation system.
- Rediscover the Richness of the Might & Magic Universe: Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan. Enjoy revisited 3D designs and an exclusive new bestiary.
- Share with the Community: Post content and compete with your friends, using a new and intelligent, online community interface.