Sony Santa Monica's God of War walked home with four gongs at Friday's Golden Joystick Awards 2018.
The critically acclaimed daddy-'em-up won Best Storytelling, Best Visual Design, Best Audio, and Best PlayStation Game. To top it all off, its developer took home the award for Studio of the Year. All in all, Sony had great night.
Perhaps unsurprising given its popularity, Fortnite from Epic Games bagged the Ultimate Game of the Year award.
Meanwhile, Red Dead Redemption 2 took home the gong for Critics Choice and Hidetaka Miyazaki, best known for his work on the Souls franchise, was honored with the Lifetime Achievement award.
Check out the full list of winners below.
- Best Storytelling God of War
- Best Competitive Game Fortnite Battle Royale
- Best Cooperative Game Monster Hunter: World
- Best Visual Design God of War
- Best Indie Game Dead Cells
- Best Audio God of War
- Still Playing Award World of Tanks
- Best Performer Bryan Dechart (as Connor from Detroit: Become Human)
- Esports Game of the Year Overwatch
- Best VR Game The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim VR
- Studio of the Year SIE Santa Monica Studio
- Best New Streamer / Broadcaster Bryan Dechart and Amelia Rose Blaire
- Mobile Game of the Year PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Mobile
- PC Game of the Year Subnautica
- PlayStation Game of the Year God of War
- Xbox Game of the Year Forza Horizon 4
- Nintendo Game of the Year Octopath Traveler
- Breakthrough Award Unknown Worlds
- Most Wanted Game Cyberpunk 2077
- Critics Choice Award Red Dead Redemption 2
- Lifetime Achievement Hidetaka Miyazaki (FromSoftware)
- Outstanding Contribution Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Ultimate Game of the Year Fortnite Battle Royale