Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
DmC Devil May Cry has shot to the top of the Japanese video game chart, but as with the UK chart its position doesn’t tell the whole story.
Media Create reports DmC sales of 110,429 on PS3 with the Xbox 360 version failing to chart in the Top 20. Famitsu’s figures are slightly higher, putting the PS3 version at 115,438 and the Xbox edition at 5,857 copies.
However, sales of Devil May Cry 4, released in Japan on January 31, 2008 reached a combined 245,000 copies in its first week – that’s more than double the total managed by Ninja Theory’s effort.
Best Cyber Monday deals 2023
- WD Black SN850X 1TB- $79.99 (was $180)
- ASUS TUF RTX 4060 Ti OC - $409.99 (was $460)
- Alienware AW2724DM QHD - $327.99 (was $500)
- Razer Huntsman V2 TKL - $79.99 (was $160)
- Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless - $89.99 (was $150)
With DmC’s Japanese sales under half that of Devil May Cry 4 and the UK launch total coming in at just over a third of DMC4’s, a lot rests on the game’s success in the US.