Devil May Cry 5's 'Subhuman' battle theme has been pulled by Capcom, after the company was made aware of allegations raised towards the lead singer of the band who performed the track.
Eddie Hermida was accused last year of having an emotionally manipulatived and sexually inappropriate relationship with a 17-year-old fan. As reported by Loudwire, the fan said that Hermida 'toyed with me and manipulated me into sending him nudes,' although Hermida countered this in a Facebook post by saying the fan told him she was 18 at the time.
'I was raised by a single mom who taught me to be respectful to all women,' he said. 'I am ashamed that I have failed.'
Capcom has now confirmed it has removed and will no longer promote the content after being made aware of the accusations levelled against Hermida. Furthermore, the publisher said it's 'still deciding' how to move forward regarding Subhuman's inclusion in Devil May Cry 5.
'The music was recorded for the game before the incident came to light and we were unaware of the incident until now. However, as we are now aware of the current situation, Capcom has decided that moving forward, we will not further highlight the Dante battle theme for promotional purposes at this time. We are also currently evaluating what options are possible for the full game at this point, which is dependent on various factors such as resources,' the company told Kotaku in a statement.
Deathcore group Suicide Silence collaborated with Capcom on the track, which was planned to be utilised as the battle music for Dante, one of the game's three playable characters. The music video debuted at the Tokyo Game Show just a few days ago.
Devil May Cry 5 is due for release on PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One on March 8, 2019. A recent online store listing has suggested the game will include a multiplayer component.