Anno 2070
Ben Borthwick by on Jul 5, 2022

Anno 2070 developers hope to save the game after online shutdown announcement by Ubisoft

The developer of Anno 2070 has announced plans to try and save the game once its online servers close this September.

The city builder was one of several Ubisoft games that will have its online features switched off later this year. In the original announcement, Ubisoft said the closure would allow them “to focus our resources on delivering great experiences for players who are playing newer or more popular titles”.

However, as spotted by Eurogamer, Ubisoft Mainz intends to help those still playing the eleven-year-old PC exclusive. “After an initial investigation,” it said. “We have decided to dedicate some of our development resources to work on upgrading Anno 2070’s aged online services infrastructure to a new system, so that these features can continue to be used past the mentioned date.”

The studio notes that it cannot guarantee that the work will be successful. However, the team will keep fans up to date on the progress in the coming weeks and months. The game’s fans can continue playing Anno 2070 as intended until the September 1 cut-off in the meantime.

Anno 2070 originally launched for the PC back in 2011. There’s actually been two subsequent Anno games since then – with Anno 2205 in 2015 and Anno 1880 in 2019.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Anno 2070

on PC

Anno 2070 moves the Anno franchise into a new era, taking players…

Release Date:

18 November 2011