Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
If you’re having a hard time figuring the ins and out of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2’s Farm 18 Multiplayer Map, then you’re in the right place. Modern Warfare 2 is set up to be one of the biggest first-person shooter releases of 2022. Set for an October 28, 2022 release date, fans are getting an early look at the game via the Open Beta that debuted on 24 September 2022.
But getting kills on a game that has a veteran user base dating back to the early 2000s isn’t a piece of cake. Therefore, players need to gain the upper hand in terms of positioning, and that’s what this guide is exactly for. So, let’s get right into today’s guide.
Farm 18 is a 6v6 core map allowing users to partake in a number of different game modes, the likes of Hardpoint, Team Death Match, and Search and Destroy. This map is heavily designed for close-range firefights and close-quarters combat, so be prepared with a run and gun loadout.
- From the spawn point, players get a great edge over KorTac enemies. Your first bet is to either go straight into the mess hall or climb your way up to the rooftop.
- Here, you’ll get a pretty good sightline for the Operations Building roof. Equipment can come in very handy as players can use pieces in the Training Area or the Shoot House. Optionally, you can peek out a window located at the top of the staircase and support your teammates while holding down the Dormitory and the Western Bus route.
- If that doesn’t suit you, you can opt to go west and catch KorTac members off guard. The Mechanic’s Shop can offer players good intro points where they can empty magazines of their mid to long-range weapons. You can position yourself near the small window closest to spawn, the arches with some boxes outside, or the rooftop, which allows entry via climbing the ladder or the porta potty.
- For players that enjoy Close quarters combat, bolt your way into the Shoot House and make the first kill of the match.
- When you’re done with the initial few minutes, the Mess Hall and Mechanic’s Shop basically become a nesting ground for snipers. They’ll position themselves on the roof or peek down the alleyway between to the two areas.
- KorTac members get to exploit their very own set of advantages over at their spawn point but keep in mind it’ll be best if you initially opt for a medium to short ranged setup.
- If you’re looking to get some quick snipe skills, your best bet is to climb your way to the roof of the Operations Building, which offers a clear view of the Training Course and sections of the Shoot House. If enemy snipers have beat you to the rooftops on the opposite sites, you can make a quick escape using the skylights on the roof and make your way to the ground floor.
- If you’re quick on your feet, you could possibly make it first to the Bus from spawn and take cover, but it’s likely that SpecGru enemies will have the upper hand due to their comfortable sightlines down this particular lane.
- You could still navigate your way to the right through North Street or the Cement Mixer. There, you’ll be in the heart of the Dormitories, which is ideal considering the better sightlines and the possibility for opportunities at Close quarters combat.
- Heading Straight for the Shoot House won’t hurt you either, but you’ll need to be in your prime to fend off enemies rushing from the opposite side.
- Flanking can be pretty solid later into the match. You can bolt past the Shooting Range and back and forth to the spawn area to take enemies by surprise. The Cement Mixer area also offers plenty of potential for cover.
Players can take any of the following routes and dominate the match if they wish to:
- From West to the Dormitories
- West to the Bus Lane
- The Shoot House
- The Training Course
- A run-and-gun and fast-paced map the likes of Farm 18 is ideal for Equipment Traps, Recon Tools, and ground-based Killstreaks.
- Mines can come in pretty handy on this particular map. Feel free to place loads of mines in the Shoot House. The best place to set mines is in the basement and main entries to the first floor of the Dormitories with your desired selection of mines. Additionally, you could set traps around the Training Course too.
- Cameras can also be a viable option and work well on the roof of the Shoot House. It’s all about getting the right angle. This will allow you to observe the central area as well as one of the lanes located outside.
- Aerial Killstreaks can become a bit of a problem when it comes to Farm 18. Most sections of the map do not feature any ceilings, and are either outdoors or have buildings with open skylights. So killstreaks can be a viable option and a double-edged sword too.
- Suppose the enemy team starts to call them in. Your best bet is in the safety of the Mess Hall. The first floor of this area is completely covered. It also provides a small street as well as an alley that leads towards the Mechanics Shop, which is pretty convenient to fire a guided launcher and then hide.
- If you can’t make it to the Mess Hall, your second bet are the Dormitories featuring a ceiling and three floors of safety.
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has some new equipment in stock, the Drill Charge. Farm 18 is perfect for using drill charges to deal damage to players on the opposite side of brittle walls. The ideal location to set up Drill Charges is the Shoot House and the Bus.
- Not only can you use the Drill Charge on walls, but they also work on floors and ceilings too. If a pesky sniper has the upper floors locked up on the multi-floored Dormitories, try drilling right under them instead of in their line of fire.
- Rooftops with a Sniper Setup or make or break your match on Farm 18. So, you can gain the upper hand by using deployable covers on the very same rooftops. In addition, you can opt to deploy a shield near the shooting range leading to the Bus lane. This could provide some solid defense against enemies trying to gun you down from the Dormitories or the Mechanic’s Shop’s roof.
- If you’re skilled at Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2’s movement mechanics, then you can navigate the West side of the map, including the Dormitories, Bus, Shooting Range, and Mechanics Shop, without ever needing to touch the ground, but it does require a bit of quick movement and finesse to pull off.
- Jump up to the second floor of the dormitories to take enemies by surprise or invade their sightlines. This can work as a rotation strategy from one spawn point to the other.
- Taking into account easy access to the Shoot House through the windows, a skilled player can easily take control of the West side of the map.
- Snipers trying to look for longer sightlines should try to find new ones through the Shoot House. Peer straight through the windows at the Mess Hal and the Mechanic’s Shop from the Operations Building to spot enemies on the other side.
- Additional sightlines include the back alley that connects the Mechanic’s Shop and Mess Hall, from the Northern aspect of the Dormitories to the Mess Hall’s staircase window, and the porta potty near the SpecGru spawn to the Operations Buildings Snipers.
- SpecGru Spawn
The Mess Hall and Mechanic’s Shop roofs offer pretty great sightlines for snipers. Aerial Killstreaks can also be eliminated via the alley between the two sections of the map.
- KorTac Spawn
From the KorTac Spawn, your best bet is the roof of the Operations Building if you’re opting for a Sniper build. If it becomes too much for you, you can always drop through the skylines to the ground floor.
The Dormitories offer you three floors. A basement offering a few objectives that spawn, a convenient first floor, and a second floor with exploitable sightlines.
- Shoot House
The Shoot House provides the ideal situation for satisfying Close quarters combat. Keep in mind equipment and kill streaks very well with this section of the map.
- Protection from Killstreaks
The basement of the Dormitories, Mess Hall, and the Mechanic’s Shop’s first floor are your best bet at avoiding getting taken out by Aerial killstreaks.
The Bus provides ideal positioning for players to take out any enemies on the second floor of the Dormitories. Just remember that the front of the Bus doesn’t protect against incoming enemy fire.
- Training Course
A good place to dominate would be the holding area of the Training Course. It offers supreme sightlines to entry points on the map and is relatively hidden away from the Operation Buildings line of vision.
- Equipment Use
Make ample use of all the equipment you have on hand, whether they be deployable covers, drill charges, or tactical cameras, to get the upper hand on the enemy.
You can make good use of a Sniper with a sneaky and ideal line of vision, and the Shoot House offers exactly that. Make use of the various sightlines of the Shoot House and take out enemies on rooftops
- Back Dooring
If you’re holed up in the firing range, try to reposition yourself via the Dormitories to avoid the occasional Spawn Trap.
So, that’s pretty much it for the ultimate guide on Modern Warfare 2’s Farm 18 Multiplayer Map. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below. We’ve got plenty of guides lined up for the future, so stay tuned for more. Till then, peace out!
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is set to release on October 28, 2022, for the Xbox Series S|X, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Windows PC.