Microsoft has today rolled out a new Game Chat Transcription feature for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, offering speech-to-text and text-to-speech capabilities.
The new accessible and inclusive way to communicate debuts with support in Halo Wars 2.
Game Chat Transcription works in two ways:
- Speech-to-text provides the ability to convert all player’s voice communications in the game chat into text, so the player using this feature can read the text on their screen in real-time.
- Text-to-speech provides the ability for players using this feature to have their typed text spoken aloud to other players in the game.
The goal is to add support for more game in the future.
To enable the feature follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > All settings > Ease of Access > Game Chat Transcription.
- To transcribe other players’ voices into text, select Speech-to-text.
- To have your chat text read aloud to other players, select Text-to-speech.
- To choose the voice that other players will hear when your chat text is read aloud, select one of the available voices in the Text-to-speech voice menu.