According to data released by The NPD Group, Nintendo's Wii Play is the highest selling non-PC video game of all time in the US.
While the success of Wii Play is most likely because of its bundling with a Wii Remote, its position as the best-selling game ever in the US is nonetheless an impressive achievement. Following Wii Play in the Top 10 best-sellers list are Guitar Hero III, GTA: San Andreas, Modern Warfare 2 and Wii Fit.
The NPD Group hasn't released any sales figures to accompany the chart, but last October did reveal that Wii Play had sold 11.1 million units in the US.
All-time Top 10 US Non-PC Video Games
1. Wii Play (Wii)
2. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2, Xbox)
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3, Xbox 360)
5. Wii Fit (Wii)
6. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3, Xbox 360, DS)
8. Madden NFL 07 (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, PSP, DS, GC, GBA, Wii)
9. Call of Duty: World at War (PS3, Xbox 360, DS, Wii)
10. Namco Museum (DC, GBA, PS2, GC, Xbox, PSP, N64, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, PS, Xbox 360)
Source: The NPD Group, non-PC sales through January 2, 2010.