A major patch for Watch Dogs is now available for PS4 and PS3, Ubisoft has announced. The PC update is coming in a matter of days, followed by the Xbox One and 360 update next week.
"Good news! We now have more information on the patches that will be deployed on WD," reads a Ubisoft forum post. "We apologise if you were affected by any of these issues, but we greatly appreciated your patience while we got this sorted."
The patch addresses a host of issues with the successful open-world hacking game, including fixing corrupted game saves.
MAJOR GAME FIXES
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed "Drinking Game" control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed "Chess Game" control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
Source: Ubisoft Forums