Treyarch defends Medal of Honor

You can trust VideoGamer. Our team of gaming experts spend hours testing and reviewing the latest games, to ensure you're reading the most comprehensive guide possible. Rest assured, all imagery and advice is unique and original. Check out how we test and review games here

Treyarch studio boss Mark Lamia has defended EA’s Medal of Honor, telling MCV that it was unfair for Defence Secretary Liam Fox to single out video games.

Last month Fox called for a ban on the game because of the ability to play as a member of the Taliban.

“It’s hard to believe any citizen of our country would wish to buy such a thoroughly un-British game,” said Fox. “I would urge retailers to show their support for our armed forces and ban this tasteless product.”

Speaking to MCV, Lamia defended video games.

“Our story [Black Ops] weaves itself around all kinds of controversial historical periods, but there have been many books and movies that do that, so to single out games in that way seems unfair,” he said.

Medal of Honor is scheduled for release on October 15, followed on November 9 by Call of Duty: Black Ops.

About the Author

Medal of Honor

  • Platform(s): PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
  • Genre(s): Action, First Person, Shooter
7 VideoGamer