THQ Nordic is bringing a remastered edition of THQ's 2008 DS tower defence title Lock's Quest to PS4, Xbox One and PC this April.
The remaster is being handled by Digital Continue (headed up by Joe Tringali, who was a founder of the game's original developer 5th Cell), which has chosen to retain the original visuals and core gameplay, but revamp the UI, controls and music.
"I always felt Lock’s Quest deserved a multi-platform release, and it’s exciting to help that vision come to pass all these years later," commented Tringali. "The incredible pixel style translates well to console, and we were fortunate to include many high-resolution assets that weren’t in the original. It was great to work with a partner like THQ Nordic, who understands and respects the creative process, and was dedicated to both preserving and enhancing this fan favourite."
In Lock's Quest you play as Lock, a boy who stumbles upon an invasion of his Village, which triggers a wider war between Kingdom Force and a revived Clockwork Army, led by the nefarious Lord Agony.
- New progression system automatically unlocks new turrets at specific story plot points
- Brand new Antonia Defense Battles featuring a new map
- All music remastered in high definition, with orchestrated introduction and ending
- Player controls remapped for keyboard/mouse and gamepad input
- Revamped User Interface, customized for HD resolution, including all new GUI Art
- Character portraits refactored in High Resolution
Source: THQ Nordic