Nintendo has announced that the Switch has sold 22.86 million units worldwide following its release in March of last year.
The figure was confirmed during the Big N's latest financial report, where it also revealed that Switch software has topped 111 million as of September 30. The company now expects to ship 20 million Switch consoles during the period April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019.
For the record, the Switch has now managed to outsell the Nintendo GameCube.
Super Mario Odyssey is currently the best-selling game for the hybrid console, with the plucky plumber's latest adventure moving 12.17 million copies globally.
Other top performers in Ninty's first-party lineup include Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which have sold 11.71 million and 10.28 million units worldwide, respectively.
Check out the Top 10 best-selling first-party Switch games below.
- Super Mario Odyssey – 12.17 million
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 11.71 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 10.28 million
- Splatoon 2 – 7.47 million
- 1-2 Switch – 2.64 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.16 million
- ARMS – 2.10 million
- Kirby: Star Allies – 2.10 million
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 1.67 million
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.53 million
Nintendo launched its premium online service last month, which includes a number of classic NES games for subscribers such as Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros. 3.