Street Fighter's iconic warrior Ryu has joined Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Fire Emblem's Roy has also been added to the mix alongside Mother 3's Lucas as the three latest fighters to join the roster.
Ryu's battle stage from Street Fighter 2, Suzaku Castle, has also been added, as well the return of Dreamland stage from the original Nintendo 64 entry of Smash Bros.
The announcement was made by series creator Masahiro Sakurai during a special Smash Bros. pre-E3 presentation, in which new Virtua Fighter and Tekken costumes were also unveiled for Mii Fighters.
"Today's update proves that the evergreen Super Smash Bros. games continue to evolve and grow with unexpected new content," said Scott Moffitt, said Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "We're offering multiple price options and bundles for all this outstanding new content, so players can mix and match whatever characters, stages and costumes they want."
Here's a breakdown of the prices for the new add-ons:
- Ryu and Suzaku Castle Set (Wii U) - £5.39
- Ryu and Suzaku Castle Set (Wii U and 3DS) - £6.29
- Lucas (Wii U) - £3.59
- Lucas (Wii U and 3DS) - £4.49
- Roy (Wii U) - £3.59
- Roy (Wii U and 3DS) - £4.49
- Dream Land stage - £1.79
- Dream Land stage (Wii U and 3DS) - £2.69
- All Mii Fighter costumes cost £0.69 on Wii U and £1.09 for Wii U and 3DS bundle
- (Bundle) Collection #2 - £19.88
- (Bundle) Collection #2 (Wii U and 3DS) - £26.68
- (Bundle) Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #2 - £5.52
- (Bundle) Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #2 (Wii U and 3DS) - £8.72
Source: press release, Wii U eShop