Rocket League was the best-selling game on PlayStation Store in 2016, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has announced.
The vehicular sports title launched free on PS Plus back in July 2015, but this only helped catapult the title into the limelight rather than detract from future sales.
The Psyonix smash hit outsold triple-A releases including FIFA 17, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1 and GTA 5. FIFA 17 was the best-selling full price release.
ARK: Survival Evolved got off to a great start. Launching on December 6 the action RPG topped the December chart and managed to place 11th for the full year.
Best-selling PlayStation Store games 2016 (all formats)
- Rocket League (PS4)
- Fifa 17 (PS4)
- Battlefield 4 (PS4)
- Battlefield 1 (PS4)
- Destiny: Rise of Iron (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (PS4)
- Need for Speed (PS4)
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (PS4)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4)
- Ark: Survival Evolved (PS4)
- FIFA 16 (PS4)
- Battlefield Hardline (PS4)
- Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4)
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (PS4)
- Hitman (PS4)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
- Star Wars Battlefront (PS4)
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
- Far Cry Primal (PS4)
Source: EU PS Blog