Death Stranding Director's Cut
Josh Wise by on May 20, 2022

Norman Reedus basically confirms Death Stranding sequel

Norman Reedus, the actor who starred in Hideo Kojima’s Death Stranding, has let slip that a sequel is on the way.

In an interview with Leo, Reedus, who played Sam Porter Bridges, said, “We just started the second one.”

During the interview, he explained the intensive work that the role entailed:

“It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the MoCap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that.”

So we just started part two of that. There you have it. Kojima Productions has yet to comment on the existence of a sequel. It remains to be seen if the sequel, too, will be a social strand game. We wait with bated breath.

Death Stranding came out in 2019, and it was a fascinating game. In VideoGamer’s review, I said:

“Death Stranding is filled with things that must be seen, a sprawling, genre-spanning sci-fi adventure from a developer like no other. Its tackier clumps of writing and stunt casting seem overwrought, but its direction and its stars shine brightest.”

Last year, Sony released Death Stranding Director’s Cut, on PlayStation 5.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Death Stranding

on PlayStation 4

A brand new game from Hideo Kojima starring Norman Reedus.

Release Date:

25 June 2022