The highly anticipated New Star Soccer 1.5 update is now available as a free download for iOS, New Star Games has announced.
The update features a remodelled career which allows players to retire in their prime. If you don't wish to retire and keep playing like Giggs then you'll need to keep on top of your deteriorating skills .
In-match play can now be more focussed, be it aggressive attacking, defending, or a more balanced play-style, while the introduction of headers introduces a new challenge.
Full update list below:
New game content / changes:
• New boots! New Swerve feature added to premium boots.
• New Energy Drink! (NRG Bolt - increases energy plus 3 relationships and 3 skills.)
• Choose differently focussed play during matches - attacking, defensive or balanced.
• Defenders now close you down whilst you aim your shot.
• Replenish your energy during a game.
• New lifestyle items to purchase.
• Three save game slots.
• Skills deteriorate over time, and the older you get, the more you have to keep on top of your skills.
• Retirement option. Choose the optimal time to retire before your skills deteriorate and you start to ruin the memory of your past achievements. Includes career score and various achievements.
• Additional commentary to add variety.
• Hire a personal trainer, recover quicker, have more energy.
• Get yourself an agent and improve your contracts!
• New newspaper headlines, incidents etc.
• All new game achievements.
• All new audio.
• New footballs each with their own attributes.
• Lots of UI tweaks and improvements, short-cuts and time-savers.
• New pre-match location screen.
• New player awards (player of the year, young player of the year etc.)
• Updated league structure information for new 2013-2014 football season.
• Male / Female select!
• New unlockable 'hard mode' for the seasoned veterans!
• Night time matches.
• Twitter and Facebook integration.
• iPhone 5 aspect ratio support.
• Retina resolution artwork.
The update isn't currently available on Android.
Source: Press release