Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will run at 900p 60 frames per second on Xbox One, the official comparison on the game’s website has confirmed.
This represents an improvement over the 720p 60 fps managed by Ground Zeroes.
However, PS4 runs at the full 1080p 60 frames per second, meaning this will likely be the platform of choice for multiplatform gamers.
Best Cyber Monday deals 2023
- WD Black SN850X 1TB- $79.99 (was $180)
- ASUS TUF RTX 4060 Ti OC - $409.99 (was $460)
- Alienware AW2724DM QHD - $327.99 (was $500)
- Razer Huntsman V2 TKL - $79.99 (was $160)
- Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless - $89.99 (was $150)
That said, PC gamers with a good enough system can run at up to 4K resolution and 60 frames per second.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will launch September 1 on PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. You can pre-order the game now from Amazon.