Details of Killzone: Shadow Fall's first multiplayer expansion 'The Insurgent Pack' have been revealed by Sony and Guerrilla Games.
The €9.99 DLC will be released in April and includes a new character class, three new abilities, three new weapons and two new game modes. Season Pass holders will receive the content at no additional cost.
The Insurgent - a brand new class with two unique abilities: Hack and Steal.
- The insurgent starts with just a pistol and his wits about him. As vulnerable as he is, he can slowly build up his arsenal in the game by using [Steal] to steal weapons and abilities from downed enemies, which enables him to use those weapons throughout the game, even if he falls in combat. By using [Hack] he can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, turning the tide of battle quite swiftly.
Three new abilities - The Scout, Support and Assault also get additional abilities
- E-Pulse emitter - a deployable beacon that sends out an e-pulse making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area
- Tactical Echo emitter - a deployable beacon that send out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units
- Guard Drone - The Assault gets a stationary Buddy drone; deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
Three new weapons - Welcome old friends and new with this pack of weapons for the Scout, Assault and Support:
- M82 - the classic assault rifle of choice from Killzone 2 and 3 is back!
- L512 SMG Pistol - this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch
- Sta14 Rifle - The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
New single player Elite Mode - The nightmarish difficulty of Elite Mode will test the hardest of warriors
- Three lives, Hard difficulty, and the Shadowfall campaign to test your mettle.
New online collectibles mode - Find the online collectibles crates in game for rewards
- A limited set of collectible crates will spawn only for Insurgent Expansion holders, one per match for a limited time. Collect one and earn extra points in game, collect more and stand to win rewards in game.
New challenges and trophies
- All this content comes with its own set of Challenges and Trophies to unlock. Trophy details will be released soon.
Insurgent Personalisation Pack -
- 1 OWL Skin
- 3 Spotlight Moves
- 1 voice-over pack containing HGH and VSA battle chatter voices
You'll have to wait until April for the new premium DLC, but two free multiplayer maps are now available to download:
The Cruiser map is set in a decommissioned VSA cruiser full of narrow, labyrinthine passages and interconnected compartments.
The Hangar takes place in the hangar bay of one of Helghan's vast and lofty mining spires.
And for those yet to pick up Killzone: Shadow Fall, the free multiplayer trial on PSN runs until March 11 giving access to all the maps, including Hanger and Cruiser.
Source: EU PlayStation Blog