The latest patch notes are now live for Fallout 76 and with it come a whole host of new changes. On top of the changes we also have just how much storage this update is going to take up on your respective console or PC.
Videogamer.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last updated on 2023-02-02
The majority of the changes coming to the game are more in the region of fixes and improvements.
Let’s dive into the new changes here:
Fallout 76 Patch Notes 18.104.22.168: Weapon Changes
One of the biggest changes that has been introduced is a new system that will remove illegal mods from the game. According to the patch notes players will not really notice any major changes with this, but it will ensure the game will remain fair for all players going forward.
BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
ART & ANIMATION
- Backpack Flairs: Various adjustments to the view of Backpack flairs in the crafting menu.
- Cryolater : Made adjustments to the frosted texture on the weapon model.
- Flairs: Increased the Zoom out of Backpacks to allow more visibility on the flairs.
- Loot Bags: Various fixes to Loot bag skins that were missing collision.
- Power Armor: Adjustments to the player’s 1st person view while wearing the Alien Invader Power Armor Paint and using a Heavy Weapon.
- Power Armor: Fixed an issue where X-01 Prototype paint could not be reapplied after changing paints or skins.
- Power Armor: Fixed an issue that can change the color of the highlighted weapon parts at a weapons workbench after entering and exiting Power Armor.
- Rifles : Applying the Aligned Stock mod to a Laser Rifle or Ultracite Rifle now changes its appearance to reflect the mod.
- Vault-Girl Arm Wrestle Machine: The player character no longer clips through the machine during its animation.
- Weapon Paint: The Nuka-Dark paint for pump action shotguns now displays correctly.
- Scout’s Banner: Using a Scout Banner now plays the correct sound effect while being used.
- Weapons: The spinning barrel sound effect from Miniguns, Gatling Plasmas, Gatling Lasers, and Pepper Shakers now stops when entering water.
C.A.M.P.S & SHELTERS
- Allies: The proper name is now displayed for Sam, Katherine, and Xeno when inspecting or placing Allies in the players C.A.M.P.
- Buffs: The 9 Ball Table now correctly provides a +2 Charisma buff to players after being used.
- Buffs: The Spore Plant Bed now correctly gives the Well Rested Bonus after being used.
- Displays : The Thirst Zapper can now be displayed on the full-sized Wall Weapon Rack.
- FreeCam: Players can no longer place floor objects on top of their character while in FreeCam mode.
- Message Board: Neon Letters can now be applied to the Message Board Kiosk.
- Roofs: The Abandoned Mine C.A.M.P. Kit Roof now correctly uses the same amount of budget as other roof corner variants.
- Trophies: Fixed an issue that caused Nuclear Winter trophies and statues to not be buildable in C.A.M.P.s and Shelters.
- Pirate Ship: Adjustments to the collision and snapping on the Landlubber Pirate Ship and Sea Legs Pirate Ship.
- Radioactive Holiday Tree: Fixed an issue where the Radioactive Holiday Tree would leave persistent radiation when stored in a Blueprint.
- Recipes: Players who have learned the recipe for Cappy and Bottle’s Couple Sign can now correctly build the object.
- Survival Tent: Fixed an issue which could prevent players from fast traveling to their team member’s APC Survival Tent.
- Watch post Prefab: Fixed the collision on the top stair.
- Nuka-World on Tour: Events completed in Nuka-World on Tour now correctly count towards “Complete Events in the Ash Heap” Challenge.
- Mad Dog Malone: When in his downed state, Mad Dog Malone no longer appears in the nearby corpse’s menu.
- Garrahan Mining HQ: Addressed an issue that prevented players from entering the Garrahan Mining Headquarters from the Garrahan Mining Lobby.
- Nuka-World on Tour: Lady G’s stall is now in its proper place.
- Distinguished Guests: Players will now receive proper rewards for each completion stage of this event.
- Feed the People : Food canisters will no longer despawn during Feed the People when a player enters the loading dock.
- Nuka-World on Tour: All Nuka-World on Tour Public Events now correctly drop Legendary Cores upon event completion.
- Nuka-World on Tour:”What Slept Beneath” now grants the correct amount of XP.
- Nuka-World on Tour:”Seismic Activity” now properly grants Ultracite Scrap as an event reward.
- Nuka-World on Tour: The “Deposit Buckaroos” counter in Most Wanted now displays the number of Buckaroos needed instead of using a progress bar.
- Junk : Gold Table Spoons now provide gold instead of silver when scrapped.
- Gunpowder: Gunpowder is now classified as a junk/scrap item.
- Nuka-Cola: Nuka-Grape now shows the correct value of rads removed after drinking.
- Power Armor: The T-65 right arm now correctly requires Aluminum for crafting, to match the left arm.
- RadAway Diluted: Reduced the debuff timer from 2 hours to 7 minutes to be more aligned with RadAway, which has a 15-minute debuff timer.
- Sunshine Oil: Adjusted the Sunshine Oil to use the correct Damage Resistance effect. The Damage Reduction now also is increased by the Herbivore mutation.
- Localization: Various Localization Fixes.
- Quack Surgeon: Mire Magic Moonshine and Vintage Mire Magic Moonshine now work with the Quack Surgeon Perk.
- Perk Sharing: Added a gameplay setting to allow players to reject Shared Perks from Team Members.
- Disarming Discovery: Dagger will no longer become hostile to the player prematurely.
- Flavors of Mayhem: Players will no longer receive Syringer ammo upon relog.
- Client Stability: Addressed a client crash that could occasionally occur when returning to the Main Menu from an Expedition.
- Local Looting: Allies in a Downed state will no longer appear in the nearby corpse’s menu.
- Fanfare: Adjusted the “Seismic Activity” event start banner to not overlap animations.
- Pip-Boy: Bobblehead: Big Guns now displays its Buff in the Pip-Boy.
- Ammunition: The Explosive prefix on weapons only applies to bullets (Excluding Railway Spikes).
- Ammunition : Recoverable projectiles from the player’s weapons are no longer able to be looted by other players.
- Flamer: Addressed an issue causing the Flamer to give false positive damage numbers when hitting enemies in VATS. The Flamer will now hit enemies during VATS more efficiently.
- Mods: The Auto-Axe and Chainsaw now show the number of mods unlocked at workbenches.
- Melee : The Cultist Dagger and Bowie Knife can now be modded.
- Melee: The Deathclaw Gauntlet and Meat Hook no longer use One Handed Weapon Perks. They still benefit from Unarmed Perks.
- Mods : The Sleek Mod effect now stacks when applied to two pieces of leg armor.
- Mr. Handy Buzzblade: Reduced the VATS AP cost for Mr. Handy Buzzblade.
- Rifles : Assault Rifles now correctly have the Rifle classification regardless of how it is modded.
- Rifles: Radium Rifles now have an increased chance to learn mods when scrapped.
- Thirst Zapper: Fixed an issue that caused unlimited throwables with a Thirst Zapper equipped.
- Thirst Zapper: Fixed a bug where the water ammo for the Thirst Zapper appeared in the Favorites Wheel.
- Private Worlds: Fixed an issue causing several quest and event related NPC’s to not be present on Private Worlds.
- Private Worlds: Fixed an issue causing Legendary Exchange Stations and the Encryptid Terminal to not appear in Private Worlds.