2016 is going to be an "incredible" year, Infinity Ward has said, ahead of the expected reveal of its latest Call of Duty later this year.
Welcoming in the new year, Infinity Ward tweeted: "Happy new year!! 2016 is going to be incredible. Let's do this."
While Activision has yet to confirm which studio is behind this year's Call of Duty, the franchise's 3-year dev cycle means that it's Infinity Ward's turn to step up to the plate.
Infinity Ward's latest game was 2012's Call of Duty: Ghosts, having previously developed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2, and co-developed Modern Warfare 3. Since then, however, the studio has been merged with Neversoft to create a new "super-studio".
It isn't yet known whether this year's game will be a sequel to Ghosts, a return to Modern Warfare or a brand new sub-series.
Here's how the franchise has shaped up in recent years:
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007) - Infinity Ward
- Call of Duty: World at War (2008) - Treyarch
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) - Infinity Ward
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010) - Treyarch
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011) - Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer Games
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (2012) - Treyarch
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013) - Infinity Ward
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2014) - Sledgehammer Games
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (2015) - Treyarch
Is there anything in particular you want to see from Call of Duty this year? Let us know in the comments.