This year's Call of Duty game will be Black Ops 2, a sequel to 2010's hugely successful title from Treyarch, according to leaked information posted on the official Black Ops forums.
The game will launch Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
The details were posted on the game's forum before being removed, only to be posted back again. Luckily, the second posting is still readable via Google cache and is posted below.
- Will be a new game mode
- Similar to Search and Destroy however a live player must be escorted to one of three areas (or two depending on the map) without being killed.
- The match will have rounds, consisting of one life only.
Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will return
Team Defender and Infected will not return
Will follow from Modern Warfare 3's system
Larger emphasis on objectives
- A bomb plant is worth 2 points
- A neutral flag is worth 1, however an enemy flag is worth 2
- A flag assist capture is worth 1, a capture is worth 2
The Specialist Pointstreak has be modified
- 2 kills now gets you 1 perk
- The 4th kill gets you 2 more perks
- The 6th kill gets you 3 more perks
- The 8th Kill gets you 4 more perks
- You do not get every perk when you reach 8 kills
- Perks only become "Pro" when you have them Pro
RC XD will not return
- Is a new Pointstreak reward
- When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon.
- This scopes main advantage is it's ability to detect enemies through most walls.
- Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns
- Requires 5 points
- Fall along side care packages and air drop traps.
- Features a list of package items only
- Including ammo, mini gun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, and body armour
There will be 15 prestiges
- There will be 50 ranks
- Every two prestiges there is a 5 rank increase
- The final prestige has 90 levels
ELITE is being fully incorporated into Black Ops 2
Combat record has been modified and re-named as ELITE Stats
There will be a specific lobby for clan matches (new way of leveling clans)
Clan Tournaments can now be implemented
No MOAB or Nuke
No last stand
No death streaks
No flame thrower attachment
Map design and size will be following Black Ops not Modern Warfare 3
Improved sniper rifle usage.
No aim assist for any sniper rifle.
No longer just perk 1 chooses the players appearance
Appearance is a combination of all perks and type of Pointstreak being used.
Larger emphasis on hardcore than ever before
- No grenade launchers
- Only vehicle guided rocket launchers permitted
- Respawn timings decreased (for most modes)
- 1 bullet in the foot will no longer kill a person, a head or chest shot is usually required.
- A person will now bleed out if severely injured.
Perk System 2.0
The Perk Pro system has been upgraded
There is now 2 options a perk can advance to.
- Both require different challenges to unlock
- Once the desired Pro version is unlocked, the player can select that as their "Perk Pro".
- Once selected, the only way to choose the other option is by entering prestige mode.
- For example Perk slot 1 has the perk called Speed
- ----Speed - Reduces the time taken to aim down the sight
- ----Pro I - Swaps weapons faster
- ----Pro II - Throws equipment faster
Will be returning with vast improvements.
Difficulty is no longer based on how long the bots take to start shooting.
Bots now have an advance AI system
Similar to the behaviour seen in the MW3 Spec Ops survival
It's not clear where the information came from so determining its legitimacy is difficult. Activision has already mentioned Elite 2.0 and given the huge success of Black Ops Activision would be insane not to keep that series running.