EA and DICE have deployed the latest update 3.1 for multiplayer shooter Battlefield 2042, which it says will be the last update for the game this year.
The update is mainly focused on technical improvements to the game, following on from last week’s patch. You can check out the full list of patch notes here, but DICE has also provided a brief summary, which is as follows:
- Improvements to bullets hit registration consistency.
- Balance changes for bullet dispersion and recoil
- Further balance changes to Ground Vehicle 30mm, 40mm, and 57mm Cannons to reduce their effectiveness against infantry
- A fix for a rare bug where a player could appear invisible to enemies
- Fixes for several bugs related to Grenades and Launchers
- Improvements to the menu flow for Xbox players to make it easier to opt-out of Cross-Play
- Multiple audio improvements to enhance your overall sound experience, focused on clarity, distance and directional perception
As the page notes, this update will be the last one before the start of the Holiday period. EA Dice will down tools towards the end of the month to see their families and enjoy the end of year break. They’ll be right back to work early next year, they say, and ready to start work on Season One. They’ll talk more on that in the new year.
The 3.1 update is live now in Battlefield 2042 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC. Last week, EA announced their intention to kick off a connected Battlefield universe.
NOW READ:TODAY'S COIN MASTER FREE SPINS HAVE ARRIVED - FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE HERE!
Update #3.1 for #Battlefield2042 is now live across all platforms! ✅
Restart your game to grab the update if you've continued playing during rollout🎮
Lastly, Weekly Missions are set to go live today at 12:00 UTC🗺️
Update Notes: https://t.co/lHcRFcg4Gy pic.twitter.com/HXBDM8U5tt
— Battlefield Direct Communication (@BattlefieldComm) December 9, 2021