It's a fifth consecutive week at No.1 for Sony and Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, which is now just one week away from matching the unbroken runs of FIFA 12 and Black Ops 2.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf is up to No.2, followed by new entry Mario and Luigi: Dream Team at No.3. FIFA 13 drops one place to No.4, with Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition also slipping to No.5.
The critically mauled Aliens: Colonial Marines benefits from big price cuts to climb 12 places to No.10, whilst 2K's Civ 5: Brave New World is new at No.39 - No.2 in the PC only chart.
It's worth bearing in mind, however, that the chart doesn't track digital sales. The game likely fared somewhat better online.
UKIE Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track, (All Prices) Week 28, 2013
1. THE LAST OF US
2. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF
3. MARIO AND LUIGI: DREAM TEAM BROS.
4. FIFA 13
5. MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION
6. FAR CRY 3
7. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II
8. ASSASSIN'S CREED III
9. TOMB RAIDER
10. ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES
11. THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - LEGENDARY
12. LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES
13. NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED
14. LUIGI'S MANSION 2
15. THE SIMS 3: ISLAND PARADISE
17. GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
18. GOD OF WAR: ASCENSION
19. INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US
20. LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS
Dynasty Warriors 8 is the only new release due to hit stores on Friday, but we can't see the niche title toppling The Last of Us.