Video Gamer is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now playable in VR, although it appears Nintendo also slipped an extra surprise in with update 1.06, as it's been discovered loading times have also been improved.
Twitter user Alexis de Champris did the donkey work and found that the Switch version of Link’s epic open-world adventure nearly matches its Wii U counterpart. You can check out the comparison below.
If that wasn't enough, it seems that the Big N has also buffed the load times for Super Mario Odyssey via its VR update, too.
Best Cyber Monday deals 2023
- WD Black SN850X 1TB- $79.99 (was $180)
- ASUS TUF RTX 4060 Ti OC - $409.99 (was $460)
- Alienware AW2724DM QHD - $327.99 (was $500)
- Razer Huntsman V2 TKL - $79.99 (was $160)
- Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless - $89.99 (was $150)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was released as a launch title for the Switch in March 2017, and also came out on the Wii U.