Super Bomberman R Update 1.2 is now available, promising significant improvements to control issues experienced by players during online battles, Konami has announced.
"With this update, the control issues that some players have been experiencing during online battles will be greatly reduced," states Konami. "We will continue to release future updates to improve the controls during Online Battles."
Konami adds: "This is the first of many updates to come that will focus on improving the Super Bomberman R play experience online."
1.2 Update Notes:
You can now select the Room Type when you create a room to host an Online Free Battle.
By choosing "Room Number", only players who know the room number can join.
Adjustments have been made to improve the controls.
- Adjustments have been made to reduce the input latency.
- Controls are now more precise to reduce the unintentional direction changes.
- Character speed has been adjusted so players can make quicker and more agile moves
- The characters are now behaving more naturally when in front of a pillar or a block.
- Making a turn while running along a block or a pillar is now easier.
- A kicked bomb can be stopped more precisely.
Control parameters have been improved in order to reduce the lag when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that made the game ignore some button inputs when packet loss occurs.
- The lag felt when planting a bomb has been reduced
- Sudden direction changes are easier to make.
Interestingly, Konami flat out warns against playing the game using Joy-Con Grip or holding both Joy-Cons.
"With this software, doing so may cause the gameplay of all participating players to momentarily stop, not allowing you to play smoothly as you want," warns Konami.
Players should instead play the game in the following controller configurations.
"When playing the Online Battle, we recommend that you hold the Joy-Con horizontally, use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, or play with the handheld mode."